Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Basin of my existance









It's been a while. Bloggie miss mommy? Mommy miss Bloggie.


So the last week has been dramarama. Endless quests for vanities and color chips, discontinued countertops, back-ordered tile, smelly plumbing supply stores and the bright spot that eclipsed it all - a shower base that was available in 24 hours. I've been spending a lot of time at work the past few weeks, so my husband, who works from home, is alone with Kenny (our contractor and family member) fielding all the questions. And Kenny can ask some questions . I would love to bottle the energy that comes off of Kenny as a cheap renewable power source. I could win the Nobel prize. Kenny's brain works faster than the next ten generations of processors to come and I am still running on whatever powered a circa 1987 Apple IIc, so I am usually lost in the shuffle. Luckily I have Dave to summarize the list of questions for my deflated gray matter at the end of the day. I come home to his illegible scribbles all over the walls as he has taken to writing notes as a means of keeping up and he runs me down the list. The good news is, things are starting to come together.



My tile is on order and I am over the moon about what I selected, I hope that it lives up to my expectations. My shower base arrived and exceeded expectations (see picture) and I ordered lighting. I am challenged to say what the style of the bathroom is (Victorian, transitional, eclectic, or whatever), but I know what is right or wrong as soon as I see it. I have always had very simple lighting in mind when I planned the bathroom. I found something really basic at Bellacor.com and they were actually exactly what I saw in my minds eye. A stroke of luck, really.
I have to work over the weekend, so vanity shopping is still up in the air, but I know that I will find what I am looking for, I just need the right alignment of the planets, a little patience and to put Kenny's mind in idle. I know I can accomplish two of those things.