Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm a little bit (old) Country

With my unpleasant encounter with the barely breathing Tile Mart lady well behind me, I did what my contractor initially told me to do and went to Old Country Tile. It was a little bit of a test of patience as I had to wait until Friday when they had evening hours to visit them, but it proved to be well worth the wait. Thanks to a 20 minute visit with a knowledgeable and personable sales person, I have picked out tiles that exceed my original concept in every way.
I am still going with subway tile, but the border and glass mosaic inset that I was planning have taken a bold new direction. The tiles are too hard to describe, so I am going on a hunt to find the manufacturers so that I can post pictures of what I picked out. Soooo excited. Hubby is not pleased with the bill, but if this shower turns out to be even half as fabulous as I expect, the joy that I will get from looking at it will be payback enough (for me, at least).