Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww


OK, one more time, let's say it all together - awwwwwwwww. I must admit, when my mom told me that she was going to be crocheting stuffed animals, the hardened cynic that camps in the back of my brain popped it's evil little head out of its pup tent and asked, with more than a slight tinge of disgust "why?". But I nodded and smiled and beat back the instinct to verbalize this question and we moved on to another topic. Ever since the woman quit smoking, she is a crocheting machine. Not a visit goes by where she is not adorning our necks with a recently crocheted scarf or poncho, like some crazed Hawaiian airport greeter. And while it's all a little manic, it sure beats two packs a day.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and she presents my daughter with the charming little stuffie that you see above. Of course I took one look at it and kicked my inner cynic to the curb. And even though she handed it to Sophia in the middle of a grungy, smelly bar, it did not lose its shine. Now before you assume that we are a family of barflies or descendants of Hemingway, let me explain that we were at an all ages, booze-free band showcase that my son's band participated in and not a tearful intervention with children weeping for mommy to come home. We may not be Ozzie and Harriet but we're not the Osbornes either.

I hope that when my mom reads this that she does not hold my initial skepticism against me because I weeely weely want a kwoshayed monkey.






4 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

noble pig said...

Yes, it is adorable. Actually I love it...what's next a monkey?

Gwamma67 said...

THANK YOU If you would like a wee wee monkey than you shall have one. They are called Amuragami's . On the Lion Brand wool web site under Vanna White you can get free crochet patterns.

DG said...

Ma, I don't want a "wee wee" monkey. I weely, weely (as in baby talk) want a monkey. Please save the wee wee monkey for a pervy neighbor or the handsome UPS man ;)

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: