Monday, March 16, 2009

Return of the Chinman


When my brother and I were kids, we used to play a game called "Chinman". One person would use a pen (I know. Duh!) and draw a pair of eyes on the bottom of their chin, a nose in the middle and then they would lay on the floor and cover the top half of their head with a napkin or a blanket. Then the other guy would stand near the top of the chinman's head and look down at
the Chinman's head and watch while he or she talked in funny voices, pantomimed chewing or lip synced songs. I can't tell you how hard we used to laugh when we watched the Chinman go. So as you can imagine, when I took this picture in the car last night while we were driving home from my mother in law's birthday party, I laughed until tears ran down my face. And as my children laughed along with me, I realized that I had just passed the torch of stupid fun to them in a big way. I only hope they took just the fun and not the stupid part and use a lip pencil (like above) and not a Bic click to draw the Chinman's features. My brother and I just got the ink marks off last year.