Monday, March 2, 2009

Snowy Monday


I don't know where it came from, but boom, there it was - fourteen inches of snow! Schools were closed, the orthodontist called to cancel Joey's appointment and I set up shop to work at home. I got up around 5:45 and looked out the front door across the white expanse. They hadn't even attempted to plow the streets yet as the snow was still falling at a rapid clip. What does one do when such snowy weather confines them to the indoors? I don't know about you, but I bake cinnamon rolls. And not just any cinnamon rolls, three inch high gooey cinnamon rolls that are tender and buttery enough to put those mall monstrosities to shame ( you know who you are, you rhyme with Finnabon).

OK, the truth is, that I am quite inept at yeast doughs, so when these puppies actually rose, I was nothing short of astonished. The fact that they came out delicious and tender, a mere stroke of luck. I have thrown out more yeast risen items than I have served, though lately I have had a better track record. I guess I have learned the hard way that yeast can't be expired or bloomed in water that's too hot or mishandled in any way or it will let you and your rolls down. There's nothing more disappointing than putting a loaf of bread in the oven and taking a cement discus out. I could probably build a bomb shelter with all of my failed bread. But not today! Today I have retrieved golden and delicious sweet dough roulades from the oven and savored every crumb of their gooey goodness. As over-confident as I am right now, I am sure that my remaining packet of yeast will result in a sourdough disaster that my kids can ride down an icy hill. Quick, to the kitchen before the snow melts!








5 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

minivanmoma said...

Denise I think it is great that you are keeping this blog. I am so happy that my darling husband could play a big part in making your bathroom dreams come true. He is certainly somthing special as you have come to know. I can't wait to see the bathroom in person. And I'm waiting for the final shots now that the vanity top is in!
Yeah, thanks to Brownie, now Kenny is talking about getting a dog (or at least 'borrowing' Brownie)!! Enjoy the bathroom!
Melanie

DG said...

Go on girl! Borrow away! Shots of finished BR have been posted. Check it out.

Gwamma67 said...

Beautiful!!
Love
Mom

Gwamma67 said...

I like your buns.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: