Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hooker Watch 2009

It's Memorial Day and the city is full of seamen (Sailors, silly. It's Fleet Week.) and that's why I'm on:

HOOKER WATCH 2009!!!!!




That's right guys and dolls, Dave and I took to the big city this holiday weekend to see Jersey Boys on Broadway and to spend a night in the Marriott Marquee, overlooking Times Square. I love the MM and try to come here whenever we see a Broadway play for two main reasons:



1) The Broadway Lounge offers a panoramic view of Times Square, in all her glittering glory. I can't think of a better place to drink and relax after a show.


2) Hookers, Trannies and Hooker-trannies.



I discovered this affinity between the Marriott and this special variety of "ladies" a few years back when I went into NY to see a show with a group of girlfriends and we were looking for a place to go for drinks after the show. We happened upon the Marriott Marquee mostly due to its location. To my surprise and fascination there was some kind of Drag Queen beauty paegent going on. There were fab drag queens in ball gowns and tiaras everywhere we looked. The MM instantly became my new favorite place to go, post show. On subsequent visits I saw a couple of cross dressing working girls in the the ladies bathroom on the 8th floor. As a matter of fact, there have been hookers or hooker trannies in that bathroom at every visit but this one.



Fear not though, I succeeded in Hooker Watch '09 in the Broadway Lounge. A young woman came into the bar wearing a short, tight, polyester whatnot from the Fall 2009 Flashdancers collection and a long, clip-on ponytail. I gave Dave the "ho-in-the-vicinity" nod in her direction. He assured me that she was just a nice girl from Jersey working her way through college (a'la the Chris Rock Stripper Myth).


This morning I when we got up, I grabbed a giant cup of coffee from the Starbucks in the lobby. While in line, I noticed a woman that looked like Dana Carvey's church lady giving me the stinkeye. I wondered to myself, why am I getting the hairy eyeball from haggsville? I suppose the fact that I wore open-toed shoes on a Sunday might have had her granny panties in a twist.
Then I realized that the way she was looking at me was probably how I checked out ole hoe-down last night at the bar. I should probably be more subtle when scoping out the ass for sale. They have feelings too and I would never want to "church lady" anyone. Besides, I'd be really pissed if I lost my ticket to the freak show.








8 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

peewee said...

I think the REAL show will be when they melt as one...and you'll get the granny trannies out and about. I mean...trannies have to get old too right?!

Oh..and how was jersey boys?

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Jersey Boys was one of the best plays I have ever seen. I can't get over the rapid pace of the show, the quality of the musical and vocal performances and the amount of humor. It lived up to and beyond my expectations.

Granny trannies? Point me in their direction and make sure I have my camera!

peewee said...

It's weird. I mean I've NEVER SEEN an old granny tranny, but they must be around somewhere right? Or do they just give up with old age? Mystery. Like never seeing baby squirrels.

Haley said...

It's all good people watching for sure. I used to work in West Hollywood and there would be these big drag street parties from time to time complete with big elaborate costumes. Hard not to stare at the train wrecks. Not sure if I was passing out the stink eye but I'm pretty sure I had the Shrek stare.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

That sounds like a ton of fun!

Angelika said...

OMLY, Granny Trannies. Gotta love it, LOL.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

I know, isn't that hysterical? Pee wee is my hero for coming up with that.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: