Thursday, June 18, 2009

Forty Days and Forty Nights, Did it Rain Children

This June in the NY metro area has been one of the rainiest in my memory, just hovering near the historical high. This is delightful for the flowers and shrubs and grass seed that we have been growing, but it sucks for everything else.

I'm getting tired of sending my daughter out to the bus stop in a rain slicker. Every morning she looks like she's about to board the Cornelia Marie. Not to mention that we have a BBQ coming up this weekend with 40 (yes 40) guests. Fifteen of whom are 13 year old boys. What the hell am I going to with such a large collective of ADHD if it rains? Crap!

So, being that the rain has been so biblical of late, I decided to look for an old cartoon that they used to play when I was a kid. It was like those schoolhouse rock videos, but it was about Noah's Ark. Needless to say, I could not find it. But I did find this. Check out a pre-Dirty Jobs Mike Rowe on QVC. He's sporting a Conan-like tuft of hair and a slight frame that looks like it belongs to one of the cast of Trainspotting, as he makes an earnest attempt to push a ridiculous Noah's Ark purse/toy/thing.

FYI - two male lions are not going to repopulate the species. Who says religion is anti-gay? This is practically a domestic partnership endorsement. One thing is for sure, Dirty Jobs Mike Rowe can kick QVC Mike Rowe's ass!


14 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

steenky bee said...

How is it that I am first? I am always tardy to the party. Dirty Jobs' Mike Rowe has the best voice. I'd like him to come to my house at night and just read instruction manuals to me as I fall asleep. Heaven.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Happy to have you first on the list.

He does have a great voice. I guess you fall asleep to Deadliest Catch every night.

Aunt Becky said...

Am still not sure how you're not in my reader. I swear that I put you there. Mystery of the ages.

peewee said...

It must have rained the whole time I was gone, because people seemed pretty annoyed yesterday. I like it, but that's cuz we never get any in LA. Well, at least it's not raining today...yet?!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Oh Aunt Becky, I'm just wiley like that. Walk away from your computer for a minute and *pouf* I will materialize!

Pee Wee - Welcome back to the Rainy Apple. Today we got a peek of sun, but it's been ridiculously wet. Tomorrow's supposed to rain again and I have a boatload of mammal flesh to burn.

Lin said...

We're building an ark next week if it doesn't stop raining in Chicago. We only have two types of weather--rain or mowing-the-lawn.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Yup. Same here. Today was a mow day. The four days before and tomorrow will be rain days. Starting to wonder if this is what it's like to live in Seattle.

JD at I Do Things said...

HAHAHAHA! I never knew Mike Rowe was on QVC. I much prefer him climbing into a sewer, all covered with gunk and grime, and . . . swoons

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

I know and he's clearly much beefier on DJ. This QVC guy is a 98 lb weakling.

musingwoman said...

I must really live under a rock, 'cause I had no idea who Mike Rowe was. If he makes JD swoon, though, then I had to take a look.

So, I hopped over to YouTube (can't see the vid in your post and am too lazy to install Adobe for Firefox right now), skipped right over the interview with Bill O'Reilly and headed straight to the volcanic mud bath clip.

Yep. Very nice. Also, dry humor. I like that in a man. One of the best lines I've heard in a while: "I've got mud in places a man doesn't necessarily want mud."


P.S. hope the BBQ went well.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Thanks! We survived. There will be a post-BBQ blog update where I catalog the damages. I am still a tad wiped out.

Mare said...

Watchin' a Dirty Mike Rowe makes ya just wanna scrub him clean! There's sumpthin about that guy!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Go ahead. Scrub a dub. I won't say nuthin to the Mr. You know your secret is safe with me.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: