Sunday, August 9, 2009

Somebody Out There Thinks I'm Cool

I got an award. Go figure!

Well thank you Lin for taking a chance on an unknown geek like me. When I went over to Duck and Wheel with String today for a little readin', I was quite shocked and excited to see that Lin had put me up for the award below:


Apparently it comes at a cost of having to share the love with five other bloggers. Problem is, Lin and I read a lot of the same people, so she already tagged a couple of mine. Also, she would have been one of my choices. I would assume that re-tagging would be bad form, only because I really don't know any better.


So here's how we do this thing:


You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.


Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well. Don’t forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by emailing them or leaving a comment on their blog.


My choices are:


Predator Press - Lobo will probably shoot me for this. He was just posting about how he wanted to get guest posters to cover some of his posting obligations - now here I come with all kinds of work. Whether he wants to do this or not, I want to nominate him because he makes me laugh.


In Three Words - It is the simplest and most interesting concept for a blog. Mad props.


Nanny Goats in Panties - Already wildly popular, Ms. Panties doesn't really need my bloggy love. However, it feels wrong to leave her out since I really love her offbeat sense of humor.


Mommy Wants Vodka - Aunt Becky is already the prom queen of the blogging High School. She, like NGIP does not need my kudos. Hell, she won the BlogLuxe Funniest Blogger award this year. But I would feel remiss if I did not mention her. I read her pretty regularly and obviously lots of you do to as I get the most referral traffic from her.


I can't choose between two of blogs that I have discovered recently, so I am going to list them both here in the hope that one of two has the inclination to participate. Go on over and check out Amy over at Goodbye 20's Hello Botox and Linlah over at Corn-bean.


OK, so per the terms of the award, here are my five addictions:

Hells Kitchen - Yeah, Gordon Ramsay is a loudmouth and he can be brutal on the contestants, but I see a lot of theater in his behavior and a lot of genuine care under the yelling. And bonus, the show really gets a strange mix of contestants of widely varying abilities. Makes for good TV.


The Amish Country - I go there at least once a year. Partly to ogle with all the cultural insensitivity I can muster and partly because it is genuinely peaceful and calming. Oh, and the food rocks!

Modjeskas - Homemade marshmallows wrapped in a soft, buttery caramel. Heaven in a perfect bite. So delicious, you can't eat just 12.

Poker - I love to play poker. I really love gambling in general, but playing poker with family and friends is THE best time for me.

Family Dinner - A point of great contention with the teen in the house, but I think it is so important that we gather back together for dinner at the end of the day. It helps me reconnect with home after a long day at work.

So there it is. Thanks again Lin. And to all the other blogs out there that I frequent, if I am a regular reader of your blog, be prepared for me to tag you next time. I have so many favorites, it's tough to choose just five.




13 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

Aunt Becky said...

Now I'm blushy. I feel like I need to polish my tiara and write a proper acceptance speech.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Awww, thanks man! I'm honored. You're very sweet (not to mention, accurate) to give me this award. *wink&smirk*

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Aunt Becky/NGIP - I know that some folks don't like getting these things because they have an element of "chain letter" to them. But I genuinely wanted to nominate you to thank you for all the great reads.

LOBO said...

Okie dokie I'm in ... but I didn't mean to give the impression I was trying to post less -I just figured it might be fun to feature additional authors here and there.

My juggernaut of schlock isn't going anywhere ... I'm just looking to corner the schlock market! :)

Lin said...

No, no, No! You aren't EVER supposed to tag me! That's the rule! Well, a rule I made up because I hate doing these things. Okay, so it's all about page rank linking other blogs and vice versa--but it is such a pain, isn't it??? Either way, your blog is effing fab. :)

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Lobo - I didn't really think you were trying to post less, because that would be a travesty of justice. Besides, your stalkers, I mean readers, would probs flip the 'F' out.

Lin,
Got it. Just good old fashioned blog love, like the occasional shout out or link. Wouldn't want to make you mad. You might sick Hobbes the orange discus of doom on me.

linlah said...

are you trying to make me famous, hello we've talked about this....thanks for the listing and seriously, wow, to be listed on the same page with anyone of those blogs is an honor.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

My pleasure!

musingwoman said...

Thanks for plugging 3 Words! I added you to my awards page.

P.S. I could use some boots like that to slosh through all the rain we've been having.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

My pleasure. I anxiously await your return.

peewee said...

YAH! Thanks for the awar....
oh.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Pee Wee - Sleep with one eye open - you're up next. That is if anyone ever tags me with an award again. Only took me eight months to get my first one. Put a mark on your calendar for April "Incoming Award".

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: