Hey, look at this, I got an award! Kyslp over at Stir Fry Awesomeness gave me the Honest Scrap award. Honest Scrap? How do you think she means this?
Do you think she means scrap as in "to fight" as that would relate directly back to my last post. Or maybe she means it as an abeviation of the word "is" as in 's crap, which yeah, that is somethimes true. Not every post can be a work of art you know. Or perhaps scrap relates to the tiny bit of information that is imparted here. I am neither instructional nor particularly informational. Well, whatever the Honest Scrap award means, I am thankful to have gotten it, so thanks Kyslp!
So, here are the rules of engagement:
- Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
- Show the seven winners names and links on your blog and leave a comment telling them that they have won an Honest Scrap Award.
- List 10 honest things about yourself.
OK, those are the award rules. In addition, my personal rules for selecting nominees are as follows -
- If I follow you, I already think you are awesome. So everyone on my follow list is award eligible.
- I will try not renominate anyone that I have tagged recently. I am trying not to give a lot of homework.
- I will not be upset or offended if you don't have time or inclination to play the game. If you want to grab your award and make a breif acceptance speech (I will have my musical director play you off if you go over 200 characters), then that's ok too. This is about showing appreciation, not making people stress over the process.
- If I visit your site and see no evdience of awards, I will assume that you are not a player and will not nominate you. If I have gotten this wrong (ie. your blog is very new or all your awards got wiped out in a bizarre computing accident), then just let me know in the comments section that you are game and I will pounce like a tiger the next award I get.
Phew! That was a lot of pre-show. And the nominees are (drumroll please):
Pee Wee over at Ummmm - Also known as the Yoga Bitch, girlfriend cracks me up. I particulartly like her Granny Bitch segments.
Angelika - One of the first blogs I started reading. She's more than a little obsessed with House.
Learning the Art of Slow - Jen has a lovely take on life.
Talk of the Dog - I love to keep up with what Haley is doing over in her back yard in California. Her 10 truths would be interesting. Like, why the neighbor's cat is missing, the origin of that yellow stain in the living room, etc.
Aria at Aria'z Ink - To her, parenting is R rated. I think she's on to something there.
Hmmm. That's only five. Oh, well. Anyone else on my reader list either recently got an award from me or does not show any visible interest in awards on their blog. Please know that if I read you, I heart you and would love to nominate you, but I don't want to impose. Yes, this is from the same woman that got mideval on a Marshalls employees ass with a pile of socks. Out of character does not even begin to cover that incident. OK, no more digression. On to my truth or my 'T' as the fabulous Lady Chablis likes to say. And for those of you that know her, NO, I don't hide my candy.
- I have a terrible memory. If I don't write it down, it's like it never happened.
- I dropped out of the Girl Scouts because I couldn't sew and I the pressure to get my sewing badge was making me stabby.
- I hate many vegetables and once threw up on my plate when forced to eat spinach. Laugh if you will, but I think it was a brilliant strategic move - I was never asked to eat spinach again.
- When they put sewers in my neighborhood back in the 70's, a friend and I stole all the construction road signs and built a two story fort out of them.
- I have a soft spot for Adam Sandler movies (pre-Zohan anyway). Little Nicky is a favorite. Iknow, I know. NOBODY liked Little Nicky.
- I like Halloween almost as much as Christmas and I decorate for them equally.
- I like to use bold paint colors in my house. I do not have a single white wall anywhere.
- I am starting to get old enough to not know some of the bands that my son listens to. The Devil Wears Prada? Taking Back Sunday? Who ARE these people?
- I love, love, love lasagne and homemade apple pie.
- I don't know what to write for 10. It's not interesting, but it is certainly honest.