Friday, October 16, 2009

Lovely Awards and Songs That Require Brain Scrubbin'



First order of business - A special thanks to The Only Girl for giving me the Lovely Blog Award. Can we talk for a second about the name of this award? I hardly think my blog qualifies as "Lovely". I have pictures of glazed ham in my sidebar and random photos of Bai Ling in acid green pants sprinkled across it. And my subject matter - Jamie Lee Curtis' dumping habits, vulgar tee shirts and assaults on Marshalls clerks are hardly the Victorian ideal of lady hood. So while my pics O' pork are not lovely, your sentiment certainly is. Thank you The Only Girl for making me feel like a lady, if only for a moment, until I have to scratch an itch in a place that I can't scratch in public. Until that itch flares up, I will drink my tea with my pinky held high.


Part of getting these awards is sharing them with others. I know that all the linkages are hellacious and it can feel like a lot of work, so I give them with the stipulation that you need do nothing more than make a brief acceptance speech and that hopefully you will share it with at least one person that you like (Though the original rules call for 15. It's up to you.) I will do three nominees tonight because that's how many I figure I can get through before I pass out. Here are tonight's fab three:

For me, the essence of a "Lovely Blog" is the darling Jen over at Lessons in the Art of Slow. She writes about slowing down and taking in all the beauty that life has to offer. It's a great place to bring a cup of coffee, read and exhale.

Next on the list is Harlem's Haterade. She's hatin on something new in every post. She's opinionated, honest and funny. Her post about Boob Jigglin is a great example of her perspective.

Nancy over at If Evolution Really Works has a fun blog that is a little bit parenting and a little bit girl talk, even a few recipes. I like the mix.


So, tonight's post was going to be about how the music in the supermarket infiltrates your brain like a computer worm and makes you sing along to vapid pop songs while you search for Tomato Puree. The clip below is what they were playing while I food shopped tonight. Thanks Stop & Shop! No matter how hard I scrub inside my ear with a bottle brush, I can't get this out of my head. I owe ya one. I'll be sure to clumsily take the bottom can out of your next carefully stacked display of pineapple juice.

Being the sharing, caring, giver that I am, I am passing this on to you. Get your bottle brushes ready. All I can say is, at least it isn't herpes. Oh and special thanks to MTV for being tool-tastic enough to put a commercial before the song. Capitalist bitches.











15 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

Lee the Hot Flash Queen said...

Congrats on your awards!

Lisa Page Rosenberg said...

Proving that there is not one thing unlovely about ham...

That One Mom said...

A). Congrats on being lovely.

2). How dare you try to poison my brain with Hanson..

I still heart you.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Lee - Thanks!

LPR - Who knew? (in my best Long Island accent) Oh my gawd, my ham is gawjis!

That One Mom - I had to share. Misery loves company and I am trolling for tips on how you all get it out of your head.

Sherri @ Luv a Bargain said...

Congrats on your award:) Oh...that video should be considered torture. I'll let you know later today if I'm still do-bopping away.

Oh....and "Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest"

The Only Girl said...

Fortunately for me that video wasn't "available in my Region". What? I'm on North American soil, not an igloo in the Artic! What up with that? But judging by the comments, I was the lucky one.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Sheri - Thanks. I am pretty sure it's deep in your cerebellum and you'll catch yourself humming it while you shop for pumpkins.

The Only Girl - You are one lucky lady.

blueviolet said...

I'm going to stand up proudly and say that I have that bit of pop culture on my ipod and when I listen to it, it's usually 3x in a row.

I'm not even kidding!

Congrats on your loveliness!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Blue Violet - Dang! A voluntary Mmmm Bopper? I never heard of such a thing.

Erin M. said...

okay, this is sooooo strange. I was following you but then I lost you from my blogroll. I must've screwed up something somewhere. Anywhoo, I'm back! And you rock!
;-)

Hope you're having a great weekend!

kys said...

Congrats on your awards!

Mmmm Bop is one of the most persistent ear worms out there. Thanks!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Erin - Welcome back! I am going to go out on a limb and say that you didn't miss much.

Kys - OK, it's early and I found myself thinking (just for a second) "oooh a new commenter named Kys" . . . then I remembered that you shortened your name. And my ear worm is your ear worm.

Lin said...

Thanks for the warning on the song. No, I didn't click on it for fear that it would be stuck inside MY brain. That song, I'm afraid, would make my wee brain explode.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Lin - Be a brave soul. Give it a click. What have you got to lose besides IQ points?

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: