Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Monday Kinda Award and a Missing Berry


Well wasn't that a surprise when That One Mom over at A Day in the Life; Chronicles of an Only Parent gave me the Lovely Blog Award. Thank you One Mom, that was mighty kind of you!


The purpose of this award is to tag 15 newly discovered blogs and while I have (thanks to SITS) discovered quite a few new blogs of late, 15 is a tad ambitious. Besides, if I comply and tag 15 blogs, I will be terribly late to work, thereby ruining all my opportunity for stealth blog reading/commenting. Actually, now that I lost my Blackberry, I can't even do that. To make matters worse, I lost it seeing Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Isn't that some sort of bad karma double dipping?


Do you have any idea what a savior my Blackberry was? All my mid-day tweets, stealth blog reading and admonishing texts to my 13 year old came from that thing. *Sigh* I have had to resort to bringing my 10 year old daughter's cell phone to work. Which would be fine except that it's pink and white with a Hannah Montana skin on it and cell phone jewelery dangling off it. Yes, I feel like a colossal dork using it. No, it does not have Internet access. Grrrrrr.


So if I don't visit your blog as much over the next two weeks while I am waiting for my new berry to wend it's way through corporate purchasing, don't get bitter. I haven't forgotten you, I've just been stripped of opportunity. I'll make it up to you, I promise. Now, on with the Awards show.


So, being that I am all about managing expectations and trying to manage my own tendency to over-commit, I am going to tag three newly discovered blogs ( all on the Mommy tip) with this award and hope that the award gods do not look upon me unfavorably in the future. Here are a few firecrackers that you need to get your butt over to visit. Check it out y'all. But first, my standard award disclaimer (Hey, what can I say? Lawyers, man.)


My personal rules for selecting nominees are as follows -


  • If I follow you, I already think you are awesome. So everyone on my follow list is award eligible. I will try not renominate anyone that I have tagged recently. I am trying not to give a lot of homework.



  • I will not be upset or offended if you don't have time or inclination to play the game. If you want to grab your award and make a brief acceptance speech (I will have my musical director play you off if you go over 200 characters), then that's OK too. This is about showing appreciation, not making people stress over the process.



  • If I visit your site and see no evidence of awards, I will assume that you are not a player and will not nominate you. If I have gotten this wrong (ie. your blog is very new or all your awards got wiped out in a bizarre computing accident), then just let me know in the comments section that you are game and I will pounce like a tiger the next award I get.Phew! That was a lot of pre-show. And the nominees are (drumroll please):


Speaking from the Crib -This is a crazy-funny lady who gets LOTS of awards, so I won't get offended if she does not do all the tagging and whatnot. She's a blast and her new background is truly lovely. So there!


Chief - A recent discovery with a blog called Hiding From the Kids. With that blog name, you know she must be whip-smart. I am hoping to pick up some hiding tips myself as my kids always find me, particularly when I'm in the bathroom.


The Crazy Baby Mama - Yup, the name says it all. Her recent post about a prenatal meltdown over Pumpkin Muffins in Trader Joe's was classic. A pre-cursor to a post-natal throwing of socks at a clerk in Marshalls? We'll see. . .



So that's it for today. Take a few minutes, check these ladies out and please, if you find a Blackberry with a pink and white paisley skin in the Imax theater, have a heart send it back to me. I'm jonesin baaaad man.


18 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

Momma G.Love said...

Congrats on your award!

...stopping by from SITS...

Steph @ Stick It in the Fridge

pleasestickitinthefridge.blogspot.com

Tammy@InStitches said...

Good Morning, stopping by from SITS !
I''d love to see your bathroom....... I'm sure it's here somewhere, I'll keep looking around.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Momma G. Love - Thanks for stopping in. SITS is awesome, right?

Tammy@institches - Thanks for stopping by. Here's the bathroom -
http://diaryofamadbathroom.blogspot.com/2009/03/drumroll-please.html

kyslp said...

Congrats on your awards. You picked three awesome blogs, too. I haven't joined SITS. Do you think I should?

Belle said...

Noooooo, crackberry withdrawals are The Worst. Congrats on your award, and bummer on the loss of your blackberry!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Kyslp - Yes. It is a great traffic builder and terrific way to find other cool blogs. Yeah, you had recommended the Crazy Baby Mama to me. I like her style. Great choice.

Belle - Yup. I got it bad. I am sweating through meetings now and I actually have to pay attention. Can you believe????

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Thanks for sharing these blogs. They're very entertaining!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Nancy - They were three out of 30 that I would have liked to nominate. Baby steps. Wasn't your recent post about over-commiting? I am fighting that monster off every day.

linlah said...

I need a standard disclaimer - but not for awards

Chief said...

You are awesome! Thanks. I love Sits!

I love your disclaimer cuz I follow the same rules to nominate as you do!

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

well i am truly thankful to you and your mad bathroom. i am going to do my award blogs about once a month so you will see this again, but it may be a minute or two before you do

et tu DG? ET TU? WORD VERIFICATION? I'm dying over here.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Linlah - Ooooh, me to. For work - No promise of quality, express or implied. For home- Pockets will not be emptied before laundering. If you value it, take it out of your pocket before throwing it in the dirty clothes.

Chief - Thank you. Enjoy your award from your bunker or wherever you are hiding from the kids.


SFTC - OK, OK, I'll turn it off. But if I disappear, check the belly of the spam monster.

JennyMac said...

Congrats on your awards and great list of recipients!!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Jenny - Thanks! I agree, hey are all awesome.

Lee the Hot Flash Queen said...

Just found you from Hiding From the Kids. LOVE you! Now I gotta stalk!!

Twincerely,Olga said...

Congrats on your award!! Your blog is funny! I'll be back

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Lee - Welcome. Happy to have you here. Can't wait to stalk you back!

Olga - Many thanks. I'll pop over your place later tonight.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: