Saturday, November 7, 2009

From Happy Halloween to Christmas for the Crazy

So from what I can tell from blog hopping, there seems to be trend toward sharing the post-Halloween play by play. I wasn't going to share, but rather than buck a trend, which would be much more my style, I am going to roll with it for a change. Here goes.


In a word, Halloween was OK (is that really a word? Probs not.) The thing that was harshing my mellow was the constant race against the clock. I wish I'd had more time to clean and cook, but thanks to an exploding transformer (thanks for the PCB's LIPA!), I lost four valuable hours of cooking time on the 30th. But I'm not (too) bitter about that. What really had me bitter is when my son, who told me that he was bringing four kids home for Chili Dinner, brought home FOURTEEN shaving cream covered hormone cases. If I didn't think it would only result me having to make a run to the drugstore for Imodium, I'd swap out all his Hershey Bars for Chocolate ExLax. It's moments like those that make me regret my decision not to use spanking as a form of punishment. Live and learn.



Welcome to the crypt. Pay no attention to Thing in the corner, he's shy and would prefer that we close the door.


Our demonic basketball hoop. A little one on one?

Anywho, there were fabulous elements to my Halloween, such as the cracktastic game of poker that we played until 2:00 am and the awesome costumes that my friends came in, including my husband who was hysterical as an iced-out pimp. One friend got so into her Coffin Witch costume that she actually found a coffin pocketbook somewhere on the Internet. Her husband joked that she spent more money on her costume than she did on her wedding dress. I have great friends that play along with all my silliness, much to my delight and appreciation. Brownie the Wonderdog even played along. She actually liked her costume and kept it on all day. I tried to get Spike the Hotness Monster to put on a costume, but he just gave me the finger and walked away.


MMMMMMMMMM Candy. And no, I am not a flower, I am a partially peeled banana and my hat fept falling off.

So now the mad dash toward Christmas begins. I'm an unrepentant planner and usually have at least 50% of my shopping done by now. No such luck this year. If I get a little tense and wonky with my posts over the next six weeks, please understand that I get terrible Christmas fever. I lose myself in a haze of shopping, cleaning, baking and family obligations. I apologize in advance for any manic behavior or nonsensical posts about non-parielles, wrapping paper, silver sanding sugar or punishment of naughty elves. About the only thing that I can promise is that I WILL be unhinged. Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy ride. Oh, and HO! HO! HO! (No offense).

21 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

Noelle said...

i love your halloween decor...it usually sneaks up on my and i'm setting decorations out that morning.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Thanks Noelle. We worked on the crypt for weeks. We obsess about Halloween. We are really not that mentally stable.

Sherri @ Luv a Bargain said...

I'm glad you shared with all of us:) You dog looks about as happy as mine did.

Erin M. said...

your decorations are awesome and I love the doggie/banana!

p.s. you won't be the only one in a manic haze in the weeks/months to come. At least we're all in it together, right?!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Sheri @ LUV a Bargain - She actually loved the costume and stayed in it from 4 -12 (that's about an average shift at Disney. Maybe there's a character breakfast in her future.

Erin - OK then, I'll forgive your holiday craziness if you forgive mine.

Lisa Page Rosenberg said...

I like your banana. *Ahem*

Our dog is still shaking from her 14 minutes in her bee costume for the planned photo op of she and Bob in his bee costume. The result was Daisy under a bench and Bob having a screaming meltdown. The photos are spectacular but may not make the Christmas card. Or they might.

That One Mom said...

Soooo much fun!!! I would LOVE to have a Halloween fiesta!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

LPR - Those pictures must be shared.

That One Mom - It was fun (minus the shaving cream covered 13 year olds, of course).

singedwingangel said...

Love the decor. We live wayyy out in the country so decor for us would be well just for us so ... but I ALWAYS do up Christmas HUGE. Lights trees decorations cooking baking the whole 9 yards ... I like you cannot wait lol..

Chief said...

Oh Christmastime is crazy for me to. I try to be ozzy and harriet and then I just blow it and start crying.

We will get through it together

Lin said...

I love Spike and his rotten attitude. He's such a ....a.....cat. And Brownie?? Brownie ROCKS as a banana. Dogs always seem to be more fun than cats. Looks like fun, DG!

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

I'm procrastinating Christmas shopping. That time of year is just too insane here. Hanukah, Christmas and my son's birthday on New Years. Wake me when it's January 2nd.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Singed Winged Angel - Thank you mam. I guess when you live on 4 acres, you don't get many trick or treaters.

Chief - Pull up a chair. We can weep together over a nice piece of chocolate cake.

Lin - If rotten attitude were an olympic event, I know a certain grey stripped feline that would medal in the sport.

Nancy - When it rains it pours. All the more reason to stock up on wine.

blueviolet said...

I'm actually looking forward to your Christmas mania. I think this could be fun!

(I did think the dog's costume was a flower...ooops)

I love those outdoor decorations.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Blueviolet - Yea, the peel with her huge noggin in the middle had a distinct, sunflower look.

angryredhead said...

I LOVE when people are enthusiastic about Halloween. Best day ever. Love the dog costume.

kys said...

I lurve your Halloween decorations! I didn't know you were such a Martha. I'll forgive you the Christmas mania if you don't judge me in my non-Christmas mania, grinchy funk. (It starts around Halloween and doesn't end until I'm dead, er, after Valentine's Day.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Angryredhead - How can you NOT be? Candy, junk food, many blood-colored cocktails. Sounds like my idea of heaven!

Kys - Oh good. I fooled you. Girl, I am no Martha. And you can be crabby as you want to be. We need balance in the universe and you and I can keep the see-saw level.

Amy said...

Hell, DG! How in the world did I miss your Halloween post??
Anyway, it all looks fantastic! Decorations were devine darling! And the unexpected 14 teenagers? Wow, that's a lot of hormones dude!
I also find it absolutely hysterical that Spike would give you the finger over the costume! (Such a feline thing to do:)

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Amy - Cats have mad attitude or cattitude, no?

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: