Monday, November 23, 2009

I Love My Bobby Flay Bowl



Before we go bowling, let me thank a couple of lovely ladies for recent awards:

I got the My Friend award from Speaking from the Crib and the Beautiful Blog Award from Jen over at Woolgatherings and Lessons in the Art of Slow. I thank both of these wonderful gals profusely and recommend that you check them out, on the slim chance that you are not already familiar with them. They are awesome in every way.
Now, on to the bowl -




I am not one for whoring out products on my blog. There are many people that do this far better than I ever will and honestly, I'm a jaded and cranky woman. I don't gush about too many things. Which is why it is so critical that I tell you how much I LOVE my Bobby Flay serving bowl.
I was Christmas shopping in Kohls one lunch hour a couple of weeks back when I came across this amazingly deep, green glazed terracotta bowl. I immediately envisioned myself mixing things in this bowl without spatter, serving pasta or salad in it without overflowing the top and so on. Never one to second guess my purchase-sense I grabbed it off the shelf and took it home.


Luckily for me, this bowl lived up to every expectation that I had and then some. I have used it to serve salad, meatballs and spaghetti and a mountain of dinner rolls. I have also used it to mix cookies, quick breads and cake mix, all with great success. It is in all honesty, the perfect bowl for me. There are a couple of things about it that might be drawbacks to some:


  • It's tall, so it may not fit easily on your shelves.

  • It's heavy terracotta, so it takes some effort to haul around

  • It only comes in green.

Now here's the kicker - it's on sale at Kohls.com for 17.99. It was originally 29.99. This is a pretty good price point for a bowl of this quality. If you are looking for the ideal bowl to serve a Vesuvius sized portion of mashed potatoes in on Thanksgiving, look no further. Here's the link to see it at Kohls.com -

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/bobbyflay/serveware/PRD~520373/Bobby+Flay+Serving+Bowl.jsp

Now that I got that out of my system, I am pretty sure that you won't be seeing any product reviews from me for a long time. I promise.

35 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

Lee the Hot Flash Queen said...

Congrats on your awards! Love that bowl!! Love the color of the bowl!

Noelle said...

congrats on the award! i would be grabbin' one of those bowls if it came in red...all my stuff is red now. damn! i'm always one step behind.

Allyson said...

Congrats on your awards! Woohoo!

love that bowl. :)

Aunt Juicebox said...

I actually am in the market for a serving bowl as a gift for a friend. I don't think she'd appreciate such a lovely bowl though. She asked for one, so she's getting one, but I'm thinking about looking for one at the good will to be honest.

Raoulysgirl said...

Congrats on your awards!

I love the bowl! The color is beautiful! It won't match anything in my kitchen...but it's beautiful none the less. I wonder if my hubby is going to check out Kohl's this Christmas...

Arizona Mamma said...

You do some serious cooking if you have already used it for all of those things, and have only had it for a couple of weeks! Crazy. I thought I liked to cook.

MiMi said...

Is it wrong that all I got outta this post is: YOU COOK TOO MUCH? : ) Just kiddin'. I love Kohl's bowls. Ha, that rhymes!

Conquer The Monkey said...

congrats on the awards you are fancy :)
love the bowl, I can never have enough of that kinda stuff!!!!!
Cameron
www.conquerthemonkey.com

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Lee - Thanks. It's green-tastic!

Noelle - Thanks. You would think BF would have picked a wider array of colors than that hard to match green.

Allyson - Thanks. Woohoo indeed!

ArizonaMama - I think it was Yoda who said "There is no try. There is only cook or cook not." or I made it up. Not sure.

MiMi - You would probably be right. Other than blogging, it's my only hobby.

ConquertheMonkey - Fancy? Me? Not even a little. I am a kitchen tool junkie. But in all honesty, for all my mixing bowls and serving pieces from different places, NOTHING matches this Kohls bowl.



AuntJuicebox - You never know what you can find at antique stores and goodwill. I have friends that are amazing shoppers and find great looking stuff everywhere they go.

RaoulysGirl - Thanks. The color is a bit of a strech for me too, but I love the bowl enough to make it work.

linlah said...

Love green, love the bowl but don't cook enough to buy it.

Joanne said...

I LOVE that bowl - I am lusting after a similar set but I want the three nesting bowls. Sad I don't have a Kohls and won't be back in the states until next summer. ENJOY the bowl - I just love gorgeous bowls - its my weakness.

Carol said...

Beautiful Bowl and I think I have fixed the comment issue!!!
I wonder if that should be a warning to you... :)

blueviolet said...

Congrats on your awards!!!! I admit that I could certainly use a bowl of this type. hmmmm...Kohls you say...

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

hey - whore away. if i believe in something i want to share it with the world too

singedwingangel said...

ya know that green would completely go with my apple decor in my kitchen lol.. and I don't bother with having all my stuff match. I have old and new pieces , antiques , Mccoy and such and LOVE it all..

Susan Fobes said...

I like the size of it but it will stick out in our blue and white kitchen. Congrats on your awards!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Linlah - Don't sweat it, I cook enough for both of us!

Joanne - Not in the states? How intriguing. Where in the world is Joanne?

Carol - I take it only as good news. Bring it on!

BlueViolet - Bobby Flay needs to know that I am pushing his goods harder than he is. I have never seen so much as a commercial or any kind of mention of this line. With it so deeply discounted, maybe it's phasing out. Can probably be gotten even cheaper with one of those % off coupons they love to mail out.

SFTC - Thanks. I will whore at will.

SingedWingedAngel - I had a few pieces of Mccoy back when my kitchen was blue. I loved that stuff.

Susan Fobes - Huge marketing mistake not offering other colors.

KK said...

I like it! Not that I cook, but its pretty :)

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

you have been reviewed at BBR. the link is on my site.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

KK - Someimes pretty is all you need!

SFTC - What in Sam Hill is BBR? ooooh, this is exciting!!!!!

Andrea (ace1028) said...

That's a beautiful bowl. You should talk it up! Be proud of your find!

Erin said...

ooooh, I am basically salivating over that bowl! it's gorgeous!

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

beautiful blogger!? good news for you is I only really like beautiful pretty people. So you're in.

Honey Bee said...

LOVE big bowls. I really don't know why, but I think its because I feel very domestic when using one. I registered for like eight of them when I got married!

Aunt Becky said...

That bowl looks pretty awesome. I am totally digging it. Can I have it?

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Andrea - Thanks. I feel like a dork. But I love the bowl so much I wouldn't let my self-consciousness stop me from sharing with my blog friends.

Erin - Thanks. It is pretty, but it's even more practical than it is good looking. It's my everything bowl.

MODG - Oh goodie!

Honey Bee - So did my sister in law. It was like the dance of the crystal salad bowls at her shower.

Aunt Becky - You know I am weak where you are concerned. Please don't ask me again.

Chief said...

congrats and I think the bowl sounds great!.. are we talking about bowls here?

Menopausal New Mom said...

Congratulations on receiving the award! Recognition from fellow bloggers is the best! The bowls are beautiful, look perfect for serving rice dishes from!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Chief - We can make the conversation about whatever you like it to be. A bowl can be a metaphor for almost anything.


Menopausal New Mom - Thank you! It is always nice to hear good things from your peers.

Jen Chandler said...

Thanks a bunch for the shout out :) You are more than deserving of both of the awards. And I LOVE the Bobby Flay bowl. Too bad he doesn't come with it. Grilled steaks and margaritas all around...

Jen

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Jen - That just made me hungry!

kys said...

Congrats on your awards! I am in self-imposed shopping rehab or I would go for that bowl.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Kys - I've had to dry out once or twice myself.

Spinecase said...

I bought this bowl yesterday at Kohl's for $14.99 and LOVE it. I was looking for something "beyond a glass mixing bowl" to makes oodles and oodles of Chex Mix for Christmas gifts. I needed a LARGE bowl that was microwave safe. This bowl will grace my kitchen for years to come!

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: