Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday Recap







It's Saturday night, I just got back from seeing the Lion King on Broadway and I am going to open up a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and tell you a couple of tidbits about my day. Oh, my god, the first sip was HEAVEN. If you have not tried CloudyBay Sauvignon Blanc, I will weep winey (or is that wino) tears until you do. Sip number two was glorious as well.




OK, so first off, I need to thank the SemiHippySingleMum for the Lovely Blog Award that you see above. And Nancy at If Evolution Really Works for the I Love Your Blog award. And Noelle at Elastic Waistbands and Comfortable Shoes (great name, right?) for the Lemonade award. Thank you ladies. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Please stop by and visit these wonderful ladies today! I in turn, offer these awards to all of you darling bloggies that are on my blogroll. Please grab the awards at your leisure.



Being that I am nerdtastically numbers oriented (bullshit cough), I thought that I would give you a couple of statistics from my trip into New York today -



  • Number of people that panhandled me for money: 2


  • Number of people in Penn Station wearing Metallica tee shirts - 17 (then I stopped counting when I realized that there was a Metallica concert at the Garden)


  • Number of people that audibly passed gas in my general vicinity in Penn Station - 3


  • Number of people that silently passed gas in my general vicinity in Penn Station - Who the F knows, the whole place smells like a fart


  • Number of times my daughter complained because we had to wait on a line - 23


  • Number of texts I got from my son while he was at the movies about how *funny the movie 2012 was - 2


  • Number of times I was insulted by a rude waiter - 1 (lower than the NYC average)


  • Number of times I cried watching the Lion King - 1 (the opening of the play is very beautiful and moving)


  • Number of times we got yelled at for having our "Electronic Devices" out in the open before the play started - 3


  • Number of times we gave a shit - 0


  • Number of tweets that I managed to get out while at the Minskioff Theater - 0 (they have a lead shield in the roof to prevent all such enjoyment while waiting for the play to start)


  • Number of puddles my daughter failed to avoid while walking back to Penn Station in the rain because there was not a cab to be had from 46th street to 34th street- All of them


  • Number of glasses of wine that I have enjoyed while writing this post - 2.5


*Ok, I know nothing about this movie, but I am pretty sure that it's not a comedy. What happened to you John Cusack? You used to be edgy and cool and a little nerdy (but in a good way). I swooned for your cool underachieving Lloyd Dobler in Say Anything. I laughed at your nerdtastic Bryce in Sixteen Candles. I was thoroughly amused by your angsty Woody Allen impression in Bullets Over Broadway. And you committed the coolest movie character of all time (next to Jules in Pulp Fiction) to celluloid as Martin Blank in Grosse Point Blank. How in god's name did you allow yourself to be in a whistling, tap dancing, flaming turd of a disaster movie (just a guess) like 2012? I am going to go watch Say Anything and cry.


That's it for tonight. Short and sweet. I am tired and I have all of your blog postings that I missed today, to read and comment on. I'll be back in a day or two with a meatier post. Have a fabulous weekend and a glass of Cloudy Bay!

38 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

kys said...

"lower than NYC average" - LOL

The wine sounds like a great idea. It's too late for me to have any though.

Have a great weekend (what's left of it)!

Noelle said...

i think that is soooooo cool! (yeah, the wine, too.) i LOVE musicals...and to be able to go to one like lion king...?! and ride the subway...?! when i read your blog, it made it very hard to stay in denial about this shambles i call a life where i drink homemade wine and watch mythbusters on the boob tube. ;)

blueviolet said...

You are a lucky girl to have seen The Lion King. Fabulous. I've heard nothing but raves on it.

I love your bullet list of incident occurrences. I laughed all the way through that!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Kys - The wine was awesome. I have moved on to cookies, which may mean that I had too much wine.

Noelle - I LOVE home made wine. It has a mule kick to it. Every glass that I have ever had, knocked me for a loop. Lucky!

BlueViolet - The Lion King was a great play to take kids to see. Very 'G' rated. I desperately want to see Hair and South Pacific, but that will have to be with the girls, as I know that Hair is a little bit racy and has nudity.

Susan Fobes said...

Your numbers thing is too funny! I would love to take my kids to a show like that-they are at the age where I think they both would enjoy it.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Susan - They say the show is for age 6 and up. I went with my daughter, who is 10 and my step mom's grandaughter who is 7 and they both LOVED it.

singedwingangel said...

I would love to see an actual play on Broadway... I am moving in with you lol...

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Singedwingedangel - I know that we are lucky to have proximity to NYC. We try to get in there with the kids a couple of times a year, if we can.

Fairy Footprints said...

The Lion Kind musical wow that sounds incredible, I love Disney it is so great to grow up with some incredible shows, and then your children watch them as well.

Sorry to hear about the pan handlers, I guess they are always going to be there trying to scam, or make a couple of bucks.

God bless ya,
Heidi

hokgardner said...

1. I am insanely jealous that you live close enough to the city to go in for plays. I love New York City, and I would love to be able to do that.

2. Grosse Point Blank is in my top 10 all time faves list. I skipped both my 10 and 20 year HS reunions, but I was tempted to go just so that I could tell people I was a hired killer.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Fairy Footprints - I guess I'm a dummy for giving them money, but I have given up trying to sort out who is crazy, who is a drug addict and who is getting on the 5:15 to Great Neck.

HOKGardener - It has it's pros and cons, but broadway definitely goes in the plus column.

And as tempting as going back to my HS reunion to telling them I was a hired killer is, that would mean that I'd have to go to my HS reunion, which is 94753 th on the things I'd like to do list, AFTER - suck a hospital mop and chew hubcaps.

Kelly said...

I, too, am jealous that you are so close to the city. It has been a dream of mine to get there before I die. We went through Buffalo while on a trip to PA/Erie/Canada side of Niagra falls, but so not the same! I guess I'll have to live vicariously for now.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Kelly - Thank you for reminding me that I shouldn't take it for granted (which I pretty much do). Having worked in the city for quite a few years, I grew to look at it like an annoyance in many ways. Now that I don't have to go for work purposes, I like it much more, but I don't think I really appreciate it like I should. I need to work on that.

Wendi said...

Oh, what a night. (And between you & me, Dobbler is no stranger to the bottle, either--he just doesn't stop at just a glass.)

Noelle said...

good morning! i have something waiting for you at my blog...

http://elasticwaistbandsandcomfortableshoes.blogspot.com

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Wendi - Oh crappity, crap. That makes me sad.

Noelle - Treats! Oh goody!

peewee said...

sigh. That made me miss NY SO MUCH. Even the puddle/no cab thing & the rude waiter thing. But MOSTLY the "hey...let's go see an amazing b'way show" thing.

I'm glad you had a great time!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Pee Wee - Thanks. NY misses you too. And there was an added bonus of no urine smell! I think it was because of the rain.

linlah said...

I'm glad you figured the Metallica concert thing out you know not being good at math and all.

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

My son saw it with my parents, so I missed out on that one. Instead I took him to a real gem (Not) the Radio City Christmas show. I didn't realize you live close to the city too!

John Cusack...love the boy. Serendipity was a cute one.

Lin said...

Oh, we saw the Lion King, but by the time it came to Chicago, I had seen so much of it on TV and such that there was nothing left of the imagination or awe of the show. That left me sort of sad. I did see Wicked on Broadway and in Chicago--both of which were incredible!!

Jaqueline said...

Loved the numbers thing, so funny!! Fell like a glass of wine now but it's only Monday, 2pm, too early??
xoxo

Raoulysgirl said...

Just stopped by from Headaches, Hotflashes, and Hormones. I'm your new follower!!!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Linlah - Amen. That might have sent me into some sort of calculation frenzy and I might have melted down in Penn Station (not that anyone would have noticed amidst the regular freak show).

Nancy = Yes I am fairly close. I am an ex commuter.

Lin - I know what you mean. I knew the story from the movie and all the exposure, so there really weren't any surprises.


Jqueline - Based on your comment, you are 14 hours ahead of me, timewise. Are you in Australia? That would be so cool if you were. And NO it's ok, have the wine. It's 5:00 somewhere.

Raouly's Girl - Thanks for the follow! I just love new readers!

Erin M. said...

ooooh, I LOVE the Lion King! I'm so glad you got to see it. LOL re: the audible and SBD farts. hee hee!

Congrats on all of your awards!

kanishk said...

The wine sounds like a great idea. It's too late for me to have any though.
Work from home India

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Kanishk - It's five o clock somewhere. Go for it!

Sherri @ Luv a Bargain said...

That had to be fun...no matter what. Still something I have never done. One day:)

Harlem's A Hatin said...

Congrats on all the bloggy awards, you definitely deserve them!!!!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Sheri - It is a great experience. A trip to NY should not be without at least one BWAY show. And considering your mad skillz, I am sure you could find some discount tickets ;)

Harlem - Thank you mam. I appreciate that!

Conquer The Monkey said...

your recap was funny esp. since i live in nyc and can sooo understand! LOL, also i'm uber jealous of your 2.5 glasses of vino, YUMMMMMMM

Chief said...

I am so jealous! The Lion King!?

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Conquer the Monkey - A city girl huh? So I pretty much described your average Tuesday.

Chief - I'm a bit of a Broadway nerd. I am surprised it took me this long to see Lion King. We really went for the kids. It was a nice family play.

Amy said...

first: I am totally going to try that wine!

Second: I totally agree with each letter typed regarding what the hell has happened to freaking John Cusack! Seriously, I could not have expressed these sentiments better myself! Perhaps he's following in the shallow, blockbuster footsteps of Will Smith or Ben Afleck (Armageddon? Pearl Harbor?) BLECH!!!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Amy - I am seven kinds of crazy for that wine. Sauv Blanc is my fave wine to drink. That one is a consistently good one.

And JC has broken my little heart with that one :(

Miss Jo said...

There's nothing better than going into NYC for a show, farts @ Penn Station and all.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Miss Jo - I recognize that stench is the price of admission. I am cool with that!

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: