Sunday, November 8, 2009

Well, Scrippity Scrappity, I Do Declare.



Hip hip hooray for awards! I have been given an Honest Scrap award from Angel over at Singedwingedangel. Well thank ya! Thank ya very much. The rules of this here award are that I have to tell you ten honest things about myself and pass the award to seven other bloggers. Just to shake this up a little and make it fun, I decided that I would share ten things that I honestly hate:




1) Fish - If it has fins and gills, I'm out. I have made many valiant attempts to try different kinds over the years, but I just can't do it. Sorry to all you pescatarians out there.


2) Coconut - Almond Joy and Mounds are dang near religious experiences for some. For me, it's like chewing chocolate covered cardboard. As a matter of fact, I'd tuck into a shirt box before I'd tuck into shredded coconut. Now, fresh coconut, coconut milk and coconut rum different stories. I like them. They all contribute to splendid cocktails.


3) Nosiness - People who ask inappropriate questions and get all up in my business. I will share information with them as I see fit. If I want you to know my salary, how much I paid for my house or how often I get busy, I'd tell you (Those that know me well are snickering because they know that hell would freeze over before I'd divulge any of that information).

4) Ego trippin, power hungry PTA mothers - This position goes to the head of a certain type of woman and she becomes drunk with (perceived) power and completely unbearable. They're not all like this, but MANY are and it makes me completely unhinged. I avoid at all costs.

5) My memory - It sucks. It lets me down on a regular basis and as I hang out in the middle aged years, seems to get worse. I blog as much for the written memories as for the fun of it.

6) "Not my kid" mothers and fathers - Parents who think their child can do no wrong and blame all of the negative things that happen on their friends. Wake up. Shake the cobwebs out and take a good look at what is happening around you.

7) R.E.M and John Cougar Mellonhead, uh Mellencamp - I don't hate a lot of music. There is something about these two bands that makes me want to chew tinfoil rather than listen to them. I know. I know. You love them. You have all their CDs and concert tee shirts. I. Just. Can't.

8) Ironing, sewing, putting laundry away - Look up the word drudgery and you will find these three activities. And I am dangerous with an iron. I am the only person I know that irons in more wrinkles than she removes. I'd rather be a rumpled mess than fight with Suzy Homemaker's weapon of choice.

9) Crime Shows - Again, I know, you love CSI Miami, Cleveland, Hoboken, whatever. And while I am sure that Marg Helgenberger is a lovely woman, I don't care whether the perp had tobacco stained fingers and left traces of olefin fabric fibers at the crime scene. Again, given the choice between that and a snack of tinfoil, I'd have to spend some time deliberating.

10) News Talk Show Hosts - All of them are pushing an agenda and seem to be desperately clinging to that agenda at all costs, regardless of common sense. Regardless of political affiliation, I hate you all. Please go away.

OK, that was fun. Now I have to share the love with seven other worthy recipients (Lin, you can come out from hiding in that corner. I know you get wigged out by these things. I won't tag you. Promise.)


Check these fun ladies out -


Doot over at a Nut in a Nutshell - Giveaways and all sorts of fun over at her place.

Amy, over at Goodby 20's Hello Botox - She's driving distance from New Orleans, but I won't let my jealousy over that fact keep me from recommending her blog. She's a total doll and the winner of my 100th blog post spectacular. That's right, she got the vinyl gloves. Be jealous y'all!

From what I can tell, these next two ladies don't do awards, but they get a "highly recommend" from me and a total pass on the participation in the award tagging. Hell, you ALL get a pass on that if you don't want to do it. I don't want to pressure anyone, just share the bloggy love.

Wendi Aarons - A brilliantly funny lady and a hell of a writer.

Smacksy - LPR is having all sorts of fun being mom to an adorable and precocious three year old and she has a wicked sense of humor about it all.

OK, I give up. . . I don't want to choose. If you are on my (only semi-up to date) blogroll, please grab this award. I love you all and I'm tired and I have a pork loin to marinate. Have a great Sunday.

26 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

linlah said...

News talk show hosts - I'm more than confused by the idea that Diane Sawyer will be taking Charles Gibsons place as anchor. Seriously ABC? I don't believe a word she says.

Fairy Footprints said...

How funny about your likes for Almond joy, I have been dieting for ten months now I think no matter what candy I ate it would be heaven but I have heard many people say that Almond joy tastes like chalk I think it's hillarious.

Have a wonderful Sunday. Congrats on your award that is wonderful.

Blessings,
Heidi

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Linlah - How can you tell Diane Sawyer is lying? Her lips are moving (rimshot!).
That's about as close as I'll ever get to being a borcht belt commedian.


Fairy Footprints - Thanks! I saw your picture on your blog. You are rocking that diet hard! Good for you! Almond Joy is poopie to me. However, Kit Kat is divine.

Lisa Page Rosenberg said...

Johnny Cougar is a weenie. I'm not even going to say IMHO on that one because it's just a fact, and not opinion, and I'm not humble. Someday, Ms. Bathroom, when we meet in person and share a Kit Kat, I will share an enchanting story with you about why I know this supreme wiener-osity to be true.

Thank you for the shout out! Please know how much I appreciate seeing your comments over at my pad. It always makes my morning.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

LPR - I eagerly await that Kit Kat and that conversation!

hokgardner said...

I grew up on the Gulf Coast of Florida, and I don't like fish at all, which is heresy where I come from. But I do like shrimp.

And I don't iron - ever. I pulled out the iron for an art project for the girls, and they didn't know what the iron was.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Hokgardener - Atta girl! Reject that iron. You know who knows how to iron? Sailors (apparently very important that your cracker jacks are crisp) and Martha Stewart. As far as I'm concerned, they can iron each other into a frezny.

kys said...

Congrats! I'm with you on most of those. Esp. PTA parents, not-my-kid parents, and my memory. I miss my memory more than I miss my perky boobs.

blueviolet said...

You completely crack me up!

I can not do fish in any regard either and coconut flakes make me gag.

I know those parents of whom you speak and I cower in the corner as far away from them as possible, much like Lin and awards. :)

Thank you so much for the award and much congratulations on your own!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Blueviolet - Thanks and enjoy!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Kys - Never had perky boobs, so I can't miss them.

Noelle said...

iron...what's that? oh, that thing hubby asked me to do to his shirt before he left for work and i threw it at him...oh, THAT iron!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Noelle - That's the one. But did you throw the shirt or the iron at the hubs?

Lin said...

Whew! Thanks, DG, for not tagging. Although, I think I might like to list the things I absolutely hate--I have a list a mile long!

I'm with you on laundry, pally. HATE laundry. Can't the people I live with can't just go naked. WElllll, maybe I'm glad they don't.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Lin - ;)

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Congratulations to you on this award. Well deserved.....you're a talented blogger!

Susan Fobes said...

I am coming to you from If Evolution Really Works, and I love the humor in your posts. I will certainly be back!

Sherri @ Luv a Bargain said...

Oh my gosh..I'm you...2-10:) I thought I was the ONLY one who didn't like crime shows. And I certainly have no idea where the iron is.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Nancy - That's very kind of you. The feeling is mutual.

Susan - Welcome! You're coming from a from a lovely place. Glad to have you here.

Sheri - My mother is a junkie for these shows. I am baffled.

Amy said...

Whoa! I've been outta the loop over the weekend! Thank you love:) You made my morning!

"And while I am sure that Marg Helgenberger is a lovely woman, I don't care whether the perp had tobacco stained fingers and left traces of olefin fabric fibers at the crime scene." DG, that is freaking hilarious! Seriously, you nailed it! Fabulous!!!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Amy - No problem. Enjoy it!

Conquer The Monkey said...

first of all, CONGRATS on your award, second, I AM SO WITH YOU, I HATE TO IRON!!! i'd rather go out with kinda wrinkled stuff than iron. I use that downey wrinkle release or stick stuff in the dryer for a few.
am new to your blog
NOW FOLLOWING!
CAMERON
www.conquerthemonkey.com

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Cameron - Thanks! I'll pop over to your place after work. You certainly have one of the most unique blog names that I have ever heard of.

Erin M. said...

I am with you on the coconut & crime shows! Congratulations on your award!

p.s. I think you are a no-reply blogger....can we fix that? Would love to be able to reply to your comments via email. Unless I have confused you with someone else.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Erin - Thank ya m'am. I will look at the no reply setting.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: