Friday, December 11, 2009

How George Clooney Turns Panties to Manties Without Even Trying


You know how life is? Sometimes wack-ass shit happens to you and you have to shake off the body blow and regroup, and sometimes, but far less often, something cool happens . .
Like this:


A couple of weeks back, there was a "guess the coins in the jar" contest over at Nanny Goats in Panties. Have you been there? It's the best, nay, the only place to see goats in lingere AND read some really funny stuff. Anyway, I eyeballed the jar, which looked to contain about 135.00 to me and lo and behold, the dang jar had 129.66. My guess was the close enough for government work and I won. I am shocked.

So what did I win? A copy of the book "Marrying George Clooney". I can't tell you if it's any good yet, as I have not recieved or read it yet, but I will be certain to post a book review upon finishing it.

Thanks to all this talk of panties and the ongoing stream of consciousness in my head, I am reminded of one of the (unintentionally) funniest sites on the Internet. Run, don't walk to Manties.net. This site is totally serious about outfitting men in frilly scanties. When I tell you that they have the days of the week underwear, ruffled briefs and silky thongs, that barely covers the half of it. Conversely, the underwear itself is custom built for men and created to cover all of "it" (if you know what I mean) while giving a distinctly feminine look and feel.

One year I sent my brother a pair of Forrest green, ruffled briefs as a joke. Manties has been a family favorite website ever since. That was way back in the early half of this decade, so apparently the website is surviving on the strength of the rabid demand for frilly nutslings. Holy Ed Wood Batman! Check it out.

What about you? Do you have a funny website that you and your friends or family chuckle over? It's the holidays. Why not share?

30 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

KK said...

Wow, that's something I don't think I need to see! Now George can wear whatever he wants...

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

KK - Well, I haven't googled George Clooney in Manties yet, but I have a funny feeling the only match I'd get is this post.

Joy said...

My husband and I snicker at peopleofwalmart.com, awkwardfamilyphotos.com and the blog of unnecessary quotation marks. We bust a gut at f--- you penguin. Unfortunately that guy got a book deal and has nearly stopped posting.

hokgardner said...

I look at regretsy on a daily basis and lovely listings - my husband is in real estate, so we especially get a kick out of the awful photos people post in an attempt to sell their houses.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Joy & Hokgardener - Those sound like great fun! Thanks. I'm going to go check them out!

Desert Rose said...

New follower here! Looks like both you and I have won the same book from two different people!

blueviolet said...

That site is just plain nuts! (pun intended)

I would buy that for the gag gift exchange in my family if I didn't think I'd lose my mother to an early death because of it! Those are so fun!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Desert Rose - Hi and welcome. Happy to have you here. Now I have to go see who you won the book from. Let me know what you think of it.

Blue Violet - You crack me up. That would send your mom over the edge, huh? My mom thought it was hilrious and was thankful that I did not buy a pair for her husband!

Aunt Juicebox said...

Oh, I see they're having a sale...

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Aunt Juicebox - Just in time for the holidays! ;)

the letters i wish i'd written said...

not only do you always take the time to comment on my blog, now, NOW, you've given me the gift of manties...there are no words...

Insanitykim said...

Wow I just hop over to Elf Yourself every year. Hmmm...that sounds bad, but it's not.

Hannah said...

Wow ... How cool that you made a good guess and won a contest. You're luckier than I am ;-)

www.FunnyPhotosContest.com Submit CUTE or FUNNY photos and tell friends to vote for them. No entry fee.

Noelle said...

i'll go check out manties right now! our favorite laugh site is peopleofwalmart.com...the photos are hilarious but if you read the captions, i's even better!

Lin said...

We just came in from the ballet when I read this. My 14 year-old's best comment was that the one dancer had a nice butt in his tights. Yeah. That's ALL my kid has to say about a night of culture???! Uh, sorry--the Manties thing just reminded me.

Sara said...

By the hammer of Thor!

That mess is wrong. Generally speaking, I adopt a "to each their own" attitude toward life. This is not one of those times.

I'm so uncomfortable.

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Thanks for the complete and total laugh tonight. I needed it! I'm headed over to that website for some bonus laughes.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

The Letters I wish I'd Written - Manties, the gift that keeps on giving. Pass it on.

Insanity Kim - I love elf y0ourself. I elfed my cat, my dog, my 83 year old uncle. There is nothing funnier than seeing your cat do the charleston in pointy shoes.

Hannah - It's pretty much the only thing I ever won.

Noelle - People of Walmmart us classic.

Lin - My 10 year old told me Edward Cullen is hot. What is the world coming to?


Sara - I gave you an uncomfortable moment? Merry Christmas!

Nancy - Pass it on! Make Manties your one stop holiday shop.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Frilly nutslings? Ack!

And I do hope you enjoy the book as much as I did. I really like the way Amy writes. And she told me that her book is supposed to be mentioned in this weekend's USA Today.

linlah said...

My brother would find the Days of the Week hysterical.
I stumbled on this the other day.

kys said...

Have you ever visited Rue The Day? I like that and the old favs - People of Wal Mart, Awkward Family Photos, Fail Blog, FU Penguin (when he posted), Craftastrophe, and Cake Wrecks.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

NGIP - Thanks again for the book! I can't wait to read it.

Linlah - Awesome! I ordered two sets.


Kys - That's a lot of visiting I have to do. I am only familiar with the people of Walmart. I'm off to see what I've been missing.

MiMi said...

I want to read the book! I've heard it was good.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

MiMi - I can send it to you when I'm done with it, if you like.

miss jo said...

I wonder if George Clooney has ever been caught with his Manties down. Sounds like an SF tale to me !

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Miss Jo - Do tell! Do tell!

Working Mommy said...

LOL! YAY for winning the book...I've heard good review! I hope you like it!

~WM

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Working Mommy - Thanks! I can't wait to read it.

Amy said...

Yeah! Congrats on the win DG!!!

Dang, think it's too late to order my brother-in-law some manties for Christmas?

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: