Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saturday Awards


More about zombie Chickens in a minute. . .






As I sit here and hunker down for the oncoming blizzard, I have a few brief moments of quiet and clarity, where I can work on my awards post. I have been very lucky to have gotten a few over the last 2 or 3 weeks, but I am behind on posting them. I'm not ungrateful, just horrifically busy at work (the holidays are just the cherry on my Busy Sundae). So without further ado, here are the awards:





Noelle over at Elastic Waistbands and Comfortable Shoes has done two things:


1) She chose a name for her blog that is probably prophetic for my next thirty plus years of life.
2) She gave me the Happy 101 award.

Thanks Noelle for the award and the glimpse into my future.





Then Sarah over at The Anti-Journalist gave me the same one! Sarah is a new blogging pal and has the prettiest blog design. You have to check it out, it looks like Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. Mmmmmmm. Now I'm hungry. Thank you Sarah. Now I will have to trudge out in the frozen tundra to get a cup of gelatto. Thank god my neighbors already know that I am crazy.


And then (this is starting to sound like a "one time at band camp" post) I went over and visited Masshole Mommy, and she had tagged me with this award too! Her blog name cracks me up! Please stop in and tell her that she's a lovely lady and not a Masshole.


For this award, I have to name 10 things that make me happy and give the award to 10 blogs. Those of you that have been here before, know that I get twisted about having to single people out, so I will give the award to my blogroll, because if you are on there, I read you and I love you.


Susan from Susan Fobes Family Formula, gave me the I Love Your Blog Award.
Susan is a High School teacher and therefore must be either a saint or certifiable. Pay her blog a visit and figure it out for yourself (I'm leaning more toward Mother Theresa than my Uncle Ronnie). Again, blogroll, help yourself!

Then, from the files of awesomely unusual awards, Insanity Kim at A Parent's Life to Behold, Insanity and Bliss gave me the Zombie Chicken award?!?!? This is so insanely special that it makes me want to watch Dawn of the Dead with all my barnyard friends. This one has no rules (how could it?), so I will just sit and stare at it because it's imbued with mystical-voodoo-covered-in-hot-wing-sauce powers. Cant. Look. Away. Go visit Kim and see if you get hypnotized by the magical chicken. And please help yourself to this award and display it proudly.


TEN THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
Baking/Cooking - I feel very anchored to home and family when I do this.
Blogging - Getting it down in writing is the only way for me to organize my thoughts. My head is usually a whirling (but deliciously spicy) gumbo of crazy, and the writing process slows me down, focuses me and gives me the clarity of thought that I don't normally have.
My family - Both blood relatives and my friends, which I consider my chosen family. I need them like the crack and jones for them when I am away from them for too long.
Work - I know. I know. This seems stupid. And there are so many things about working and my job in particular that I full-on hate. But working gives me a sense of accomplishment and opportunity to overcome adversity, which is a high that I can't match. I guess I like a challenge.
Girl's Weekend - Going away with my girlfriends is the most soul cleansing and restorative thing in my life. Just taking a couple of days a year to be with my chosen family helps me to balance out my life and recharge my batteries. Plus, we laugh so much and so hard that I can almost feel the stress peeling off.
My Son's Band - It delights me to no end that my son discovered music. I always wanted to play the piano as a kid, but my parents did not want to make that huge investment for something that could have ended up as a fly-by-night interest. When the band practices or performs, it's hard to believe that they are only thirteen years old. I am filled with maternal pride.
Broadway - I love musical theater and have seen more plays than any gay man you can name. Go ahead and try. I'll take the Pepsi Challenge with anyone. Bring it on!
Movies - I love movies. However, I don't get out to the movie theater that often unless there is a singing Disney pop princess involved. But I pay per view like nobodies business.
Spike the Hotness Monster and Brownie the Wonderdog - These two morons make me smile, lower my blood pressure and generally get under my feet. And, the interplay between them is truly hysterical. I wouldn't trade them for anything.
Lasagna - Oh sweet, sweet lasagna. How I love thee. My birthday dinner for as long as I can remember and promised to me on Christmas Eve. There is a Santa Claus!
Here comes the snow. . .

17 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

Monique-aka-Surferwife23 said...

You are so very deserving of all your awards! Congratulations!!

Susan Fobes said...

Thanks for the chuckle! Saint? I think not, but I'm pretty sure I'm not in your Uncle Ronnie's league-although after years in the trenches I may get that way...

Erin said...

woohoo! Congratulations on your awards! And stay WARM!

linlah said...

Pepsi challenge, Carson Kressley?

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Monique - Thanks!

Susan - It amazes me that you can spend all day with teenagers and still keep it together at home. One teenager works my last nerve.

Erin - Thanks. I have no plans to go out.

Linlah - I love Carson, but I would mop the floor with his skinny ass.

kallay said...

mmmm.... lasagna!

stopping by from sarah's blog. consider yourself followed!

i love that you love your job. that's a hard one to come by.

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Congratulations on all your very well deserved awards!!!!

Girl's Weekends and Lasagna. Count me in!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Kallay - Welcome. Happy to have you here!

Nancy - You're in. There is a small entry fee of a bottle of wine. ;)

Joy said...

That's a lotta happy!

Insanitykim said...

Zombie drumsticks...nothin' like 'em!

Lin said...

I like your happy list. Oh, where would we be without the fuzzy ones? And band? Oh, and Broadway shows, and blogging. You can have my lasagna though--I don't like Italian food. Ick.

MiMi said...

Congrats!!! :)

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Joy - Grab the button and be happy too!

Kim - Mmmmmm smothered in brains.


Lin - Don't like Italian food??? In Chicago??? Wow, I must say, you are the first person that I have ever heards say that. Very Interesting!

Mimi - Thanks!

Working Mommy said...

YAY for awards!! Congrats!!

~WM

Arizona Mamma said...

I actually had mint chocolate chip yesterday!

Sara said...

Congratulations on your awards!

And I do treasure the Zombie Chicken Award. I don't get it, but I like it.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: