Friday, April 30, 2010

Adventures in Bad Pet Parenting




I ran out of dog food this morning. All I had in the fridge that had any protein at all was some leftover pasta. Brownie's breakfast? Spaghetti with garlic, oil, basil and chicken. She asked for some grated cheese with it, so I guess she liked it.

26 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

The Empress said...

HA! This is good. I can't wait to hear what some of the other commenters have fed their dogs. We're boring: we don't run out of dog food.

Sara said...

That's a well-kept dog. I'm sure she appreciated it.

I know I would.

Kate@And Then I Was a Mom said...

You hit most of the major food groups, assuming you count basil as a vegetable! Which I do! It's as if Brownie is following her own FDA Food Pyramid. GOOD FOR YOU.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Empress - No body has chimed in yet. I was expecting cheerios, pizza, duck l'orange, something other than IAMS.

Sara - I'm not gonna lie. That shiz was tasty. Whether it was suitable for a dog or not, only her vet can say (unfortunately, I know his answer without asking).

Kate - Thanks. I can see your point and am eager to accept it as fact!

The Black Kitteh said...

My goggies always get a little of what ever I am packing for lunch in the morning! I don't usually give them sides or extra toppings tho.... ;)

FRANNIE said...

You realize she's never going to eat the kibble again right?

Brown rice mixed with plain yogurt is the weirdest thing I've ever given my dog. :)

singedwingangel said...

lmbo I wouldn't turn it down..

linlah said...

Let's say a stray blogger shows up at your door what would you feed me?

Yellow House Knits said...

This makes me feel SO much better! I pretty regularly run out of dog food (why is it so hard for me to notice that the bag is getting low???) and give Mr. Bullet Chinese food for dinner. He seems to enjoy it. Kung Pao Chicken is his favorite.

Linda Medrano said...

With two big galootarootasus, I sometimes run low on dog food. I supplement them with organic chicken and brown rice anyway. (I also have been known to give them a piece of pizza on rare occasions.) I also feed them 2 eggs a week, and a cup of cottage cheese once a week. Oh, and the occasional hot dog. (Rare, but it happens. They have never questioned where it came from.) As far as the pasta is concerned, I know Brownie loved it. Did you fresh grate the Romano for it?

Aunt Juicebox said...

When I was a kid, my parents never bought dog food. My mom worked at the deli and she would bring home the ends and scraps from all types of lunchmeats and cheeses, and would give them to the dogs plus any other leftovers. We had one dog who ate corn right off the cob, she loved it! It probably wasn't the best diet, what with all the preservatives and salt, but they lived a long time and seemed happy to eat it.

Monique-aka-Surferwife23 said...

She's a happy and full pup today, isn't she?

foxy said...

TOTALLY sounds like something I'd do.

Lady Hill said...

HA! I've been there with Tango. He usually gets some deli meat to hold him over. I think he prefers the days when I run out of food.

fromlazytolady.blogspot.com

blueviolet said...

You didn't?

Kelly L said...

My dog loves everything... and when I run out of dog food - she loves it.

Kelly
http://www.ivebecomemymother.com

Erin said...

My dog LOVES pasta. Desperate times call for desperate measures. You even made it taste yummy. You're a good doggie mommy!

Eternally Distracted said...

Max the Cockatoo is treated similarly... he seems to favour all cooked food over his own!!

Kimberly said...

We recently bought some overpriced food "organic" and all four dogs had the sh itz. Who has to be the run cleaner? Moi!

I fed my dogs tuna fish, and white rice.

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded said...

Sounds healthy to me! I have fed mine hotdogs and american cheese in a pinch but his favorite is left over pizza crust. I have an award for you at my blog. It's one you already have but I wanted to give it to you too! If you don't want to post it again that's ok with me, just wanted to let you know I enjoy your blog:)

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

The Black Kitteh - Funny, I am a strict "no table scraps" dog parent, but I had to feed her something, I could hear her stoamch growling.

Frannie - Funny that you mention that. . . her dogfood is actually sitting in her bowl, untouched.

Singed Winged Angel - It was tasty but it gave her garlic breath!

Linlah - Your favorit dish of course (as long as it does not include offal or other innards)

Yellow House Knits - Mr Bullet likes his Kung Pao Chicken spicy.

Linda - You sound like you are very good to your dogs. You know she had to have a little grated cheese. ;)

Aunt Juice Box - That's hilarious. I had two dogs that loved raw vegetables. We had to fence off the garden because our bassett hound (god rest her howling soul) would eat the tomatoes and zuchinni right off the vine.

Monique - She is indeed.


Foxy - Thank god. I hated being alone in this.

Lady Hill - Brownie would have loved that too.

Blue Violet - You bet I did and I poured her a lovely glass of Pinot Grigio to wash it down. She complained that it was slightly acid and did not set off the fruitiness of the olive oil properly. Then she went outside and ate a cat turd.

Kelly L - Yay! One more on my side. . .

Erin - You are too kind. :)

Kimberly - I've seen pictures of your dogs and OMG, that must have been a lot of doo doo!

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded - Thank you so much for the award. I grabbed it and put it in the award show sidebar.

Lin said...

Did you serve red or white wine???

KK said...

oh Carly would love that!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

KK - Brownie went to town on it!

miss jo said...

Yum Yum...Love a dog with a taste for good home cookin'....I knew a dog once who was crazy about peach pie.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: