Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Arrgh! The Pirates They be Bloggin

For those of you that read yesterday's Post It Note Tuesday, you were alerted to the fact that my daughter had hacked my Blogger account and posted the following comment under my ID:
"My daughter is epic and amazing and you should all adore her as much as I do :) "

Now this is cute and undoubtedly funny, but it is not her first hack. Long time readers will recall that she hacked her father's business AIM account and changed his status to "I can't chat now, I'm shaving my toes." and changed her brother's Facebook status to "Busy poopin'".

From a strictly external view (ie. if this were not MY child and MY blogger account), I would worship this as an act of evil genius and wonder why I myself did not think of doing it. But as I have a maternal relationship to this social networking guerrilla, I must admit to getting my knickers in a bit of a twist about it. She has been warned about people's privacy and the importance of respecting someone else's space and property.

Generally speaking, she is a good kid. She has an offbeat sense of humor and steers clear of foul language and any improper material for her age, which I love. She is also a great student and cares about doing a good job in school. Yet somehow I can't curtail the cyber pirate in her. It's almost like there is an "anything in the name of funny" rule in her head that supersedes her sense of right and wrong on this topic.

Here is an excellent example of her offbeat sense of humor. She followed my husband and I around the house insisting that we watch this YouTube video. When I finally gave in, I was so weirded out by it that I had to watch it three times. Ultimately, it made me laugh so hard I choked on my oatmeal. I guess she just beat me to the punch with that comment.


Disclaimer: Depending on your sense of humor, I am either sorry or you're welcome. Just bear in mind that this is the same kid that made us watch "Sittin on tha toilet". You have been warned:


30 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

Lin said...

Oh, it was YOUR kid that did the "busy poopin" thing--I thought so!! (I still crack up about that one, but don't tell her I said so)

Yeah, not cool hacking into other people's sites. is she thinking of a criminal career??? Or is she just pulling a Ferris Bueller and is going to change her grades?

The video--just plain weird, DG. And the dog--scary.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Lin - I know. I was supremely wigged out by it the first run through. Now I just crack up at it. Why is the dog shielding its genitals? So weird.

chris said...

my first laugh of the day. thanks. loved the 'fan' dance :)

Carol said...

I think she may be related to me by cyber blood! Just this pass April Fool's I hacked my co workers computers and replaced commonly used words with things like stinky feet, potty mouth, and farklenuts. Every time they typed an email those frequently used words were replaced. It was hysterical. They still don't know it was me!

Sarah Lindahl said...

I literally LOLed when I read "Busy poopin'" I think it's the dropping off of the g in pooping that really got me. I am going to be laughing about this wonderful girl all day long. Thanks for the huge laugh!

Marla said...

I'll adopt her. Just sign the papers. She is my kind of epic and amazing kid and I adore her.

I am pretty sure I will be having nightmares tonight over that commercial.

foxy said...

Yeah, that's one of those "funny when it's not your kid" type of thing, huh? Good luck quieting the cyber pirate.

Sara said...

Yeah, the pooping comment is definitely my favorite. And I wish I'd had the balls to do that to my brother when we were growing up.

The Japanese are weird. Is that racist? But come on! What do I do with that video??

linlah said...

I think the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in the sense of humor department.

Dual Mom said...

I like her!

You have to admit....the shaving toes thing is pretty damn funny!

FRANNIE said...

Your daughter's a riot but I honestly don't get the commercial. I'm not offended, I just don't get it. Other than eat our chips they'll make you happy. :)

Aunt Juicebox said...

Well, I agree the blog and her brother were fair game, but anything business related should be off limits and should get some sort of punishment. I love it that my daughter has the same sense of humor I do, and she often makes me laugh til I pee, but I would be super ticked if she messed with my husband's work stuff.

3LittleMonkeys said...

That video is too funny, seriously, only in Japan!

I think your daughter has definitely inherited your sense of humor, lucky girl. You make me laugh all the time! But yes, work stuff would be off limits!

Linda Medrano said...

How soon can she come to Cali to interview with a defense contractor? She can name her own salary! I adore this chick! She's hilarious! I also love the goofy Japanese commercial! I dont' know what it means, but I don't have to!

Monique-aka-Surferwife23 said...

I am SORRY but your kid is brilliant. As I read this entire post laughing hysterically, all I could think was, 'Gee, I hope my kids are as inventive and creative as she is.'

You tell her the Surferwife thinks she's epic, for sure!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Chris - Is that what that was? A Fan dance? Well color me culturally unaware! I just thought it was a man in a creepy afghan hound costume trying to prevent himself from getting kicked in the jimmy by the child that he is undoubtedly terrifying.

Carol - You may just be an evil genius. May I call you "Dr Evil"?

Sarah - Yeah, that gets me too.

Marla - Be careful what you wish for. You could sign on to your e-mail account and find a confirmation for the purchase of 100 goats or llamas. She is very random with her pirating.

Foxy - Most definitely. Even I find it funny, but then I have to put my parent hat back on.

Sara - I don't know if that's racist. There are about 100 commercials on YouTube that would support that theory.

Linlah - Am I that odd? Yeah, I guess I am.

Dual Mom - Yeah, evil but funny.

Frannie - I think you have to be an 8 year old japanese boy to get the commercial. To me it seems random and strange and therefore funny...

3 Little Monkeys - Thanks. She got a talking to about the work thing and she never touched it again. Personal stuff, however . . .

Aunt Juicebox - Oh agreed for sure! She got in trouble for the business one.

Linda - She might just be cut out for govt work.

Monique - Thanks.She will be thrilled to know that she has supporters!

MiMi said...

Okay. Your daughter is freakin hilarious! That being said, if I had to live with that, I wouldn't probably think it was as funny. :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, this video reminded me of my Italian speaking Grandpa. I don't understand anything about it but feel a burning desire to be close to it. It's inspired me to break it down frame by frame, here's what I came up with:

0:02 Dog simulating sex, just wishing he had a young heart broken japanese boy to turn his shadow dancing into a reality

0:04 Enter heart broken japanese boy. Opportunity knocks!

0:05 Bubble thought broken heart, so the American's can follow along. They need everything spelled out for them.

0:08 Dog subtly tries to gain the boy's attention by using a Clydesdale hoof to club his shoulder rendering him paralyzed from the book bag down.

0:09 Use rubber human ear and queue cards to relate to the boy and distract him from the Clydedale hoof.

0:10 Boy reflects to himself, "Funny? I don't remember dropping acid during art class?"

0:11 Dog asks Boy, point blank, "Are you interested in a pretty youngPrincess with big blue eyes, pretty ringlet hair, and a body covered in Yetti hair?"

0:13 Boy still apprehensive, needs more convincing.

0:14 Dog steps up his game with the classic "Pushing the boulder up hill" dance. The manuever almost always works, but he's not taking any chances...

0:15 Dog puts on pants and walks on his front legs to take things down a notch by creating a normal / casual environment.

0:17 Dog can't let this one get away and pulls out the I'm slapping my junk with brown plates dance, for no other reason than to show his sensitive side. Not shown in the commercial, but he also hangs some laundry out to dry.

0:21 While hanging laundry, Dog is surprised to see the young boy has reconciled with the love of his short life.

0:23 Camera pulls back and the world goes dark as his worst fear is realized.

0:24 Dog drowns his sorrows in a bag of consome panchi.

0:27 In a moment of unabashed rage, Dog jumps in the air and exposes himself to the happy young couple and shout barks, "Hey, Suck my Panchi!"

Barry W

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

MiMi - Yeah. I walk the line on this one.

Barry W - Brilliant. Your astute anaysis makes me think that if you extracted that much meaning out of a 30 second Japanese chip commercial, imagine what you could do with Gangs of New York. Frame by frame breakdown please - by this Friday.

CalgaryDaddy said...

OMG that is funny! Thanks for the laugh! Found you from 3 Little Monkeys!

Shane
www.calgarydaddy.com

Kimberly said...

FUNNY! I loved the "Shaving my toe". I think when you posted that before I laughed all day.

Then again, as I would try to hide my snickering it has to be done...punishing funny children is never easy. Especially when you find the humor in it.

Aunt Becky said...

I'm sorry, that kid is hilarious. I'd be annoyed too, but that's damn funny.

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded said...

All 3 of my daughters regularly get in each others accounts and mess with stuff but they haven't cracked my codes yet! After watching the video I have the overwhelming feeling that your daughter and my youngest daughter would hit it off like cheese and crackers, or maybe Pocky and Hello Panda...

Kate@And Then I Was a Mom said...

Man, those Japanese snacks sound crunchy. I feel like I should have more to say about the ad, but honestly, I'm stuck on the crunchiness.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Calgary Daddy - Happy to have you here.

Kimberly - That is the truth. My kids can diffuse me with humor almost every time.

Aunt Becky - In a couple of years, this may be your reality . . .

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded - OMG? Pocky? Daughter was just talking about Pocky the other day. Have you ever had it? It's AWESOME!

Kate - I know. I've never had a snack that crunched quite like that. It's japanese overdub magic!

blueviolet said...

If my daughter put busy poopin' on my son's facebook status, I would absolutely die of laughter. I know it's wrong, but that is completely hysterical!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Blue Violet - I cracked up at all of it, but only when she wasn't looking.

miss jo said...

Oh, forgot to mention.....I saw leftover spaghetti being fed restaurant dogs in Rome at the end of the night, and left in piles @ the Coliseum for all the stray cats...Aren't you going to Italy soon ?

miss jo said...

Ah, your daughter will do well in life with her funny bone ! Doesn't sound like she's going too overboard, or plans to take her hacking to the big leagues. But I'd still let her know she might just avoid jail time by keeping her pranks out of cyberspace !

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: