Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Post It Note Tuesday

It's time for Post It Note Tuesday, hosted by Supah Mommy. Go here to link up and join in on the fun.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -











31 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

Alyssa said...

It's always a joy to read these on your blog! You'd think one Tuesday I might actually join.
Love them all, but "Dear Son" is my favorite.Blessings and best wishes to him and Daughter who'll "save the world" And happy birthday, too.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Alyssa - I'd love it if you'd join up. I don't get anything for it, no toaster or anything, but it is fun to spread the fun.

Lin said...

That wasn't their "Silver Platters" album was it?? 'Cuz that was my favorite. Check out the girls in their hot pants and Go Go boots. Sigh. It's sad when you aim to be as cool as the Brady's.

Dual Mom said...

Isn't it amazing how you turn your head and suddenly they're grown up?

tori said...

Oh I remember the day I heard a strange man's voice downstairs and realized it was my son!
I'm ancient too, my kids didn't know Gilligan's Island. ugh!

Linda Medrano said...

My grandson Cyrus went to his Junior Prom last weekend. He's 17. And gorgeous! And my best friend! How all these years have passed since that day I saw him in his Dad's arms in front of the window when he was about 2 minutes old, I just don't know. Great fun post! Thanks!

MiMi said...

Haha! I remember that Brady episode!
Happy birthday to your girl!

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday!

It is so true...the years just fly by so quickly!

The Blue Zoo said...

Aw, happy bday to your little girl! Just a little longer and she'll be a teen! eeeek!

I am not looking forward to my boys being teens!

linlah said...

When my sons voice changed he used it for almost a week to call in sick for school pretending to be his dad. I spontaniously combusted but not from alcohol and sanitizer.

blueviolet said...

When that happened to my son, he went away to band camp and when he got home 5 days later, he was a man. What the heck!

KK said...

I did love the brady bunch :)

Arizona Mamma said...

Your post its are always the best. Love the one about your daughter.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Lin - I suffered from the worst Brady Envy when I was a kid. Now, not so much.

Dual Mom - It really does happen just like that.

Tori - No worries, you can talk about Gilligan's Island with me, all you want.

Linda Medrano - You are such a young grandma!

MiMi - Thanks. Weren't the Bradys the best thing that happened to the 70's?

Kimberly - Thanks.

Blue Zoo - I know, I am scared of the 'T' word.

Linlah - Your son is an evil genius. I can say with some certainsty, that if my voice had changed in that way, I'd have considered doing the same.

Blue Violet - One time, at band camp . . .

KK - You are clearly a woman of discriminating taste.

AZ Mamma - Thanks!

Tropical Mum said...

Thanks for that blast from the past. I don't remember that particular episode, but I remember that I loved watching the Brady Bunch.

I don't look forward to the day that I lose my precious little boys and they become men. I think I am going to give them cuddles now.

Shelly

PS: Thanks for dropping by my blog just now. I appreciate your comments.

Aunt Juicebox said...

My daughter is 16 and some days I just can't believe it. I barely remember what she was like at 11 now, she's been so angsty and snippy for so long now....

Anonymous said...

What the eff is wrong with sounding like Peter Brady?

Barry W.

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

oh barry!!!! i have to add him to my list of best callers ever. he was a good one. i may need you to fill in on a podcast for me. email me.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Shelly - I used to love the Brady Bunch, but it always made me feel bad about my family (obvi we were not like them) and about my hair, because whose hair was more beautiful than Marsha's?

Aunt Juicebox - Teenage angst is WAY special. Hello VODKA!

Anonymous - Nothing. As a matter of fact, it's probably nice to wear his skin.


SFTC - Whatever you need girl. . . gimme the deets.

Anonymous said...

Crib - Thanks, I was merely the beneficiary of great chemistry between yourself and DG. I'll be in touch.

DG - The portrayal of Peter Brady was, for me, the role of a lifetime. That film you directed was my Raging Bull. I would wear that skin only if it meant intimacy with Adrianne Curry during a xanax induced case of aphasia.

B. Wallburg

Monique-aka-Surferwife23 said...

Are you still straightening man voice's hair?

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

BW - Clearly oscar caliber. You was robbed. Come to think about it, I gave something of a rich, multi-dementional performance in the role of Cindy Brady. I worked for MINUTES on my lisp. Where's my Independent Spirit award? We should both be bitter enough to wear the skins of the people we portrayed.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Monique - He tries to do it himself, but, umm, not so good.

Anonymous said...

DG - You're Cindy Brady was the equivalent of Jaime Fox in "Ray". Your lispy outtakes still require me to strap on the Depends before viewing. Let's face it, you could have won an Oscar, but you went the route of Tugg Speedman in "Simple Jack" by going full retard.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Anonymous - I was naive and over eager.

Cheeseboy said...

Poor Peter. At least he didn't have it as bad as Jan... but both had middle child syndrome.

Alyssa said...

I know I commented on this post already...I've lost many marbles but not all...I just had to come back to tell you I LLLOOOVVVE your comments. You always make me smile!

Menopausal New Mom said...

Wow!! 11 years old already! I had the same feeling when my "baby" turned four earlier this month. How can time go by so quickly when you're up half the night looking after them lol!!

Erin said...

The one about your daughter made me tear up. I loved it.

And I love The Brady Bunch!! Classic!

Iva said...

LOL!!! Happy belated birthday to your daughter! Hope you had a nice weekend! Happy Monday! :)

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: