Sunday, May 9, 2010

Blue Sky Gift


I woke up this morning to the most glorious gift - the most favorite weather of my childhood. The sun is shining, the sky is clear and blue and the wind is kicking up just enough to put a little snap in the air.

When I was a kid, this was the kind of day that would find me bounding out of bed at 7:30 and out on my bicycle exploring the neighborhood until it was a decent enough hour to call for a friend.

I plan to be outside with my kids and my mom today, sharing stories of my childhood and theirs and just loving and appreciating all that is good in my life.

I hope you all spend the day with people that are special to you and that you have a tiny taste of this gorgeous weather.

Happy Mother's Day to you and yours!


20 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

singedwingangel said...

oh I love those skies like that..just breathtaking.. Happy Mother's day to you as well..

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded said...

Yep, I got that today too:)
Have a Lovely Mothers Day!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Dear Daughter,

I read your comment and thanks for the good wishes and the holiday hacking. I know that it was my fault for leaving blogger signed in. I am going to delete your comment because you used your name and I prefer that we don't roll that way.

Thank you and I love you too.

- Mom

hokgardner said...

Sounds like a lovely way to spend the day! Happy Mother's Day.

Lin said...

Ooooh, that is lovely! It is sunny and clear here, but CHILLY! Looking forward to just relaxing--I hope you are too. :) Happy Day, DG. Enjoy!

blueviolet said...

That truly is beautiful weather! I envy you that and I hope you really enjoy it. I've got those blue skies but it is COLD!

Happy Mother's Day!

MiMi said...

Same here! I'm so glad!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!

- Barry W.

Tracie said...

It was a beautiful day here, too. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

The Empress said...

Freezing here, WTH?

Maybe by July Wisconsin will get some nice weather???

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Linda Medrano said...

Happy Mama's Day! It was windy but clear here. About 60 degrees (which is very cool for this late in the Spring.) Still, I spent it with the people and creatures who mean the most to me so it's all good! So glad you had a pretty day!

Sara said...

I hope you enjoyed the lovely weather and had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Alyssa said...

Gorgeous blue sky!!! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Erin said...

It was a gorgeous day for us too in Kansas. Happy Belated Mother's Day to you!!!
;-)

foxy said...

Hope you had a great day... beautiful weather just tops off the perfection of the day, doesn't it?

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

Oh yes, these are my favorite days too! The air is clean and fresh and the day is absolutely beautiful!

Lisa Page Rosenberg said...

Sounds like a wonderful day.

Your smart and funny stories of being a mom inform my mothering. Thank you, dear DG.

KK said...

We had a little rain but it didn't stop our fun!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Thank you all for the warm wishes! I hope your day was beautiful too.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: