Thursday, June 24, 2010

Should I Consider a Clockwork Orange Style Reconditioning?

The following conversation took place last night:

(A mother and daughter are driving to the mall in a green minivan. The daughter is slightly distracted by the promise of shopping, so she hasn't switched her mother's radio station from 80's Alternative to Top 20, like she usually does. Daughter hates mother's music because she says everyone sounds sad and they all sing like "the best cry ever". The song Rock N Roll High School by the Ramones is playing on the radio when the daughter realizes that she needs her music on. She puts her hand on the radio tuner, then stops for a second, and turns to her mother with a confused look on her face.)

DAUGHTER:
Did he just say "I just wanna get some cheese?"

MOTHER:
No, he said chicks.

DAUGHTER:
Is he Irish or something?

MOTHER:
No, he's from Forrest Hills.

DAUGHTER:
Is that in Florida?

End.
P.S - For those of you that are cool enough and smart enough and good lookin enough to like 80's alternative, you can tune into my custom 80's channel on Jango. It's free, it's on the Internets and everyone sounds like "The best cry ever". ; )

24 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

hokgardner said...

Forever more, I will be hearing cheese when I listen to that song.

singedwingangel said...

CAn be no worse thenmy mother thinking we were singing "all the cigarettes" yesterday instead of "All the single ladies". Oh yeah I have days like that

The Empress said...

I love this kind of stuff.

You should ask for all contributions on messed up lyrics.

Remember "amadeus amadeus" from the 80's??? Well, when I had my 80's station on (cuz the music takes me back to when I ws HAWT) my boys thought they were singing "hot potatoes hot potatoes."

Love that stuff...

Caution Flag said...

Well, there's song out now about needing a wish and I seriously thought he said he needed a fish. So, we're all even in this house!

~J said...

LMAO!!!

Sara said...

Outstanding.

Between misunderstood song lyrics and common child-parent communication, these conversations are always entertaining.

Lisa Page Rosenberg said...

I just wanna get some cheese.
Ask anyone.

Linda Medrano said...

My ex husband wanted to know why "Like a Persian, touched for the very first time" had anything to do with Iran.

Tracie said...

Remeber the AC/DC song - something about "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"? I went to high school with a guy who thought it was "Dirty Knees and the Thunder Chief".

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure she's right. Isnt the chorus:

fung
fungus
oh baby

In the words of Ron Burgandy, "Agree to disagree."

Barry W.

Aging Mommy said...

I can't think of a single funny example of misquoted lyrics of my own right now so will just have to say great post!

Masala Chica said...

hilarious. but why did she ask if he was irish?
Kiran

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

HOKGardener - Noooo! Not you toooo!

Singed Winged Angel - Hmmmm. Not sure how you got there, but it's pretty funny.

The Emrpress - I knew people who thought the same thing.

LPR - Dude, I need you on my side here. . .

Linda Medrano - That's a great one!

Caution Flag - I mishear things too. I usually look the lyrics up when I am uncertain.

J - I did too when she said it.

Sara - We have plenty of miscommunication around here.

Tracie - That's a good one. I never would have gone that far off the rails.

Anonymous - You had me at Ron Burgundy.

Aging Mommy - Just listen to top 20 radio for 10 minutes, you will be sure to mishear something.

Masala Chica - People always mistook the Ramones for a British band. I guess she heard something in
his unique singing style.

Beth Zimmerman said...

I'm confused ... or old ... I'll go with confused!

Eternally Distracted said...

I think I'm with your daughter on this one ;0)

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Beth - Fear not, it is a parent's job to be confused.

E.D. - No way man! Where is the bloggie support y'all?

The Black Kitteh said...

Thank you for commenting on our blog. It is a BIG DEAL for us to actually sore a comment. And, you, have been kind enough, to be our only commenter many times over! You are charitable! I Imagine you to be the lady that stops at neighborhood lemonade stands, feeds the hungry, is a friend of the SPCA....

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Black Kitteh - Not charity. Loves the Kittehs.

Midwestern Mama Holly said...

HA HA HA - love it ! Im totally going to check out that station.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Midwestern Mama Holly - Have fun. It's definitely the best (or some might say) the worst of the 80's.

linlah said...

I missed the 80's by living in a really small town in wyoming. I'm forever asking "is that new"

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Linlah - Oh boy, I got enough 80's for everyone. Whatta ya wanna know?

tori said...

Oh DG! loving your station (playing in the background as I continue reading blogs). I have always loved alternative music. I listen to modern alternative mostly now but like to go back once in a while (I LOVE my XM radio! they have seperate stations completely devoted to the old and new alternative music)
have a good day!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Tori - Yay! Isn't Jango a fun site? You can create any kind of station that you want. Love it!

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: