Sunday, June 27, 2010

Three Signs of Summer

In case you were wondering whether the Summer was officially here or not, here are my three fool proof indicators for arrival of the season:


1. Charred flesh of ruminant mammals



2. Pool's open



3. Shameless displays of hotness





23 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

blueviolet said...

I like how you do summer!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Blue Violet - C'mon, that cat is hot, right?

Lin said...

I'm in heaven--Brownie AND Spike the Hotness Monster BOTH on one day??! And look at that Spike! He is one sexy dude. Reminds me of that old Burt Reynolds poster from back in the day. Dreamy, just dreamy!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Lin - Oh yes, Burt's Cosmo centerfold!

Linda Medrano said...

You nailed summer right in those photos! Great post! I love dogs swimming, but hate it when they want to come next to me to shake off the water! I can be looking so cute and then just get ruined in those three hard shakes!

Aging Mommy said...

That's a serious amount of cooked ruminant animal to get through! Great photos.

3LittleMonkeys said...

Love the shamless display of hotness. Wonder if I could get away with that??!

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded said...

2 & 3 look very familiar and # 1 just looks delicious. Now I'm seriously hungry!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Linda - I get the hairy doggie shakes all the time.

Aging Mommy - That amount is almost not enough when my son's friends are over. I also cooked 2 dozen chicken wings. All that was left was a 2" nub of steak when it was all over.


3 Little Monkeys - I think you could!

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded - It's really not summer until the dog swims and the cat is in repose under a tree. If the opposite happens, then it signals the apocalypse.

MiMi said...

Yep, that searing flesh is always a sign around here! :)

Tracie said...

My signs are screaming children, me hiding in the bedroom with a bottle of wine, and my husband mowing the lawn in the dark. Good times.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

MiMi - I do love a good steak!

Tracie - By July I will be following your lead.

Kate said...

The cat's got the right idea. Summer is definitely no time to get all ladylike.

linlah said...

Yum, nothing says summer like charred flesh.

Susan Fobes said...

Shameless display...Hysterical!

The Empress said...

Without a doubt, it's the shameless display of hotness. Be glad you can't see my sweaty carcass right now...with my legs draping over anything that'll help circulate the air.

I love summer.

Eternally Distracted said...

Here we have these displays all year round - I am still hoping for some winter!! ;0)

foxy said...

GREAT photos!! Yay for summertime!

Bossy Betty said...

Thank you for this confirmation that it is summer. I am going to start shedding my clothes for a few shameless displays of hotness of my own.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Kate - Let it all hang out!

Linlah - It's very high on my list of favorite things.

Susan Fobes - I guess, if i was that hot I'd flash too.

Empress - I tried to point out the good of summer. I don't particularly like the summer and I definitely HATE the heat and humidity. Charred meats are awesome though.

Eternally Distracted - Ay yi yi! I don't think I could handle 365 days of summer.

Foxy - Thanks!

Bossy Betty - You go girl! Are you gonna post pictures?

New Jersey Memories said...

That cat is truly smokin' hot and your dog swims like a fish!

Sara said...

I ate three popsicles in a 2-hour period last night.

That's how I know it is Summer.

Working Mommy said...

I don't know what kind of cooked meat that is - it kinda looks like pork - but good grief it looks yummy!!! Making me hungry!

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: