Sunday, August 29, 2010

Home Again

Hi everyone! I'm back!

After a two week absence from both writing my own and reading your blogs, I am back in action. We just returned from a two week trip to Italy (my first time abroad), and it was spectacular and surprising in so many ways. There is much to be written and many pictures to be shared, which I will do as soon as I get back on local time and over the mountain of laundry that I need to climb.

Thank you to all of you that contributed sentences to my Two Weeks of Words series. I am about 60% through the process of writing a story using one sentence from each posted word. Sentences that will be used in the story have been chosen more for their ability to uphold the very loose narrative thread that I am trying to knit together than for any other reason. All of the sentences that were contributed were very creative and very funny.

One of the things that I plan to post is the truths and myths that I discovered while traveling through Italy. I'd write it today, but at this point, I am using toothpicks to hold my eyes open. One thing that I can attest to right now is that jet lag is very real. So I am asking for your understanding if it takes me a couple of days to get back to your blogs. I'll get there, I promise. I am looking forward to catching up on all the happenings in blog land. I just need a couple of naps first.


16 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Take as many naps as you need! We're just delighted too have you back and looking forward to your stories and pictures!

Lin said...

Oh, don't rush back! Take your time easing back into your routine and keep that warm feeling of vacation in your heart alive just a little longer. We'll all be here to hear your stories when you are ready. :)

Can't wait! I'll bet you've got a lot to tell!

3LittleMonkeys said...

Wow...Italy, how amazing. Rest up and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

Aging Mommy said...

I missed your word challenge as we too were away on vacation and I took a complete blogging break. But not sadly to Italy. I can't wait to hear more, where you went, what you saw and of course what you ate. Once you've eaten pasta in Italy unfortunately pasta anywhere else simply won't do :-)

foxy said...

Welcome home! I didn't get to send in as many sentences as I wanted to, but at least i got some in. Can't wait to read the story you put together. :)

And, of course, can't wait to hear all about Italy!

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded said...

Glad you are back.Get rested up, I'm looking forward to hearing about Italy. I have never been but my father went there as a young man and it made a huge impression on him. He loved it.

Amy said...

Italy!! That sounds AMAZING!!

Can't wait to hear all about i:)

Cadywax said...

How did Spike "The Hotness Monster" fare while you were away?

linlah said...

hmmm, olive oil and wine.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Thanks everyone for understanding that my brain is still a puddle of goo. Spike was loved and well fed by two neighbor girls who, based on his girth, took great joys in feeding him.

blueviolet said...

I just read your put together story in the reader but where is it on your blog? What the heck? It turned out great!

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

I'm wildly jealous and can't wait to hear about where you went, what you did and most importantly, what you ate.

Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

Wow Italy!! How great is that!

The Blue Zoo said...

2 weeks in Italy!!! Awesome! I want pics, and lots of them!! =)

Jen Chandler said...

And here I thought I was the one who had been away too long!!

Italy!! How wonderful! You must share everything! Pictures, adventures, food eaten.

Welcome home and I look forward to your stories!
Take your time and get all the rest you need :)
Happy September,
Jen

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: