Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Joyful Heart Foundation - Please Link Up



Those of you that read this blog on a semi-regular basis know that there is very little about it that is serious. I am certainly not topical, political or prone to slinging an opinion much further than the quality of customer service in local retail establishments. I also don't join many blog carnivals. As a matter of fact, the very word blog carnival conjures images of sleep deprived women on their twelfth cup of coffee, operating the Tilt-a-Whirl while tapping away at their laptops.

However, this one bears mention and participation. I heard about it from the Empress over at Good Day Regular People. Thanks to the Empress for raising awareness.



About this blog carnival: “The world I want for my children” is an effort to support The Joyful Heart Foundation, which was founded by Law & Order: SVU actress Mariska Hargitay to help victims of sexual assault mend their minds, bodies and spirits and reclaim their lives. Today, the foundation is at the forefront of an effort to end a disheartening backlog of tens of thousands of rape kits in labs across the country, a backlog that contributes to a rapist’s 80 percent chance of getting away with his crime. The backlog and its detrimental effects will be the topic of an SVU episode on September 29th.

Please help us raise awareness for this important work. What kind of world do you want for your children? Write your post and
link up here.


The World That I Want For My Children - By DG @ Diary of a Mad Bathroom


I'll be brief:
The World that I Want for my children is one where blog carnivals like this aren't necessary.






16 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

Country-Fried Mama said...

Yes, yes, yes. Succinctly and well said.

The Empress said...

Oh, you are a genius.

A.Genius.

*snif*

foxy said...

Thanks DG. Always a good thing to bring to light. Sadly, there are a LOT of people affected by rape.... and they should be able to get the help and justice they deserve.

Brian Miller said...

wel that is certainly a great post...smiles.

Brian Miller said...

i meant to type point...but either way.

Jen Chandler said...

Wow. So true. Thanks for pointing this out!

Yes, I'm doing food for a while. Still doing some writing posts, but mostly focusing on food :) You don't have to let the boiling water cool first. Since the yeast has already had warm water added to it, it's good to go. Just dissolve that sugar and then put the yeast in!

Cheers!
Jen

Together We Save said...

Great post... so very true!!

From Tracie said...

Amen!! You are absolutely right!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Country Fried Mama - Thank you 'mam. And thank for for hosting the link up on this!

Empress - Thanks for asking me to join.

Foxy - Thank you very much.

Brian Miller - Either way, thank you!

Jen - Thank you. So glad your new site came up in my reader today.

Together We Save - Thanks for checking it out.

Tracie - Thank you very much!

sara said...

Perfect. Plus it probably took a lot less time to write than mine...way to manage that time mama!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Sara - Thanks. When I boiled it down, the things that I want for my children really come down to a all the things that contribute to a better world. If I had written everything that it would take to accomplish that, the post would have been 40 pages long an no one would have read it.

blueviolet said...

What an incredibly worthwhile cause. I'm so glad you wrote something to share it!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for lending your voice. Nice and simple.

bluecottonmemory said...

Oh - I am so jealous! I wish I could think and write succinctly!!! And perfectly delivered!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Blue Violet - Yes, this is a cause that could definitely benefit from promotion as it is something that some might be hesitant to talk about.

Cheryl - Thank you.
Blue Cotton Memory - Thank you. I think I did this because I can't think and write succinctly. There was so much to be said that it was too much. Had to boil it down to the bottom line.

CS Edwards said...

Here,here sister!Thank you for speaking out for those who cant for themselves.

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: