Wednesday, October 6, 2010

. . . And. It. Was. Awesome!

First of all, let me express my extreme bitterness that the clip of Wayne Brady, Iron Mike and Bobby Brown that was included in my last post, has been taken off You Tube. Hello? Viral is the best free promotion a clip could ever have. Whatever, dumbass.

So in its place, I give you a far, far better clip to enjoy. This one is better because I was there to see it (though it is not my video). Last week, Billie Joe Armstrong joined the cast of his Broadway musical, American Idiot for a one week run. We quickly snatched up whatever tickets we could get and we went on Friday night. In case you are wondering what I thought of his performance and the entire show, consult the title of this post.

Enjoy -

14 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

Snuggle Wasteland said...

I saw American Idiot in April and LOVED it! I wish I was lucky enough to see it with Billie Joe Armstrong.

foxy said...

Very cool!

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded said...

That is Awesome! My kids are already hoping it will come on tour to us. They would lose it if they got to see this.

Linda Medrano said...

This is fantastic! I love American Idiot!

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

you know that means you met him, right?

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Snuggle Wasteland - It was an amazing show. I can't believe all that they did with just the songs as story and minimal dialogue.

Foxy - It was indeed. . .

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded - We took my son and he LOVED IT!

Linda - Did you see the original run in California? I think it started in Berkley or something.

SFTC - Being that I have minimal to no celebrity encounters, I will take that.

Together We Save said...

Awesome!

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded said...

This is Middlest, borrowing my mom's blog.
You're so lucky!!!! I've been dying to see the American Idiot broadway, because the album is my absolute favorite and one of the first CDs I've ever really gotten into.
With Billie Joe being there it's even more incredible! I'm so envious haha.

linlah said...

I read that "american idol" all THREE times I read it, oh for the love of stupid.

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Loved the show!!

blueviolet said...

Holy wow! You have a knack for finding good stuff!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded - Middlest, I wish you could have been there. If you are a fan of that album, do whatever you have to to see the show. Billie Joe or not, it's phenomenal.

Linlah - Have I ever told you about the time that I took a 242.00 purse to the register and pulled 24.00 out of my wallet because I misread the tag? I feel ya. . .

Nancy - Amazing, right?

Blue Violet - Thanks. My husband actually found that clip.

Erin said...

That.Looks.10.Kinds.of.Awesome.

Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll come our way? I hadn't heard of it until recently....

Amy said...

Ahhhh so freaking cool DG!!! I would die for those tickets.

I think my teenage self still wholeheartedly believes Billy Joe and I will be married and have little punk babies.

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: