Sunday, October 3, 2010

Come Back to me Bobby

If I were to pull out my soapbox, climb up and tell you about how evil and mind-numbing reality TV is, would you listen? If I were to tell you how bereft of value and sociologically damaging I thought it was, would you agree? If the answer to these two questions is yes, then this is not the post for you. This is a post about a secret obsession. A dark, ugly, secret obsession. The kind that could ruin a career. A reputation. A blog following.

You see, for the past five years, I have had an emptiness that nothing can fill. It's like an itch that I have been unable to scratch ever since Being Bobby Brown went off the air. Oh sure, I have watched other reality shows since. Shows likeh Top Chef and Project Runway, but these are competition shows, it's not like being invited for an inside look into the circus of someone's life like like BBB was. The fact is that NOTHING has given me the soul satisfying schadenfreude of Being Bobby Brown. In my humble opinion, it was the train wreck of all reality show train wrecks.

So you can imagine the unbridled joy I felt when I saw the video gumbo of disaster from Wayne Brady below. Bobby Brown and Iron Mike? Oh the dramatic possibilities! Tribal tattoos, crack addiction and and an awesome 90's jam, all in the same video. I am so there!

Please enjoy this delightful music video with my compliments. Sadly, there is not a whole lot of BBB video out there to share. I searched high and low for the Dookie Bubble clip, but no luck. You are familiar with the "dookie bubble" incident right? Right? No? Urban Dictionary that phrase immediately after watching the video below. You won't be sorry.


Happy Sunday!

17 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

Aging Mommy said...

Oh dear, I thought my previous addiction to Desperate Housewives was bad :-)

KK said...

Awesome!

Bossy Betty said...

Whoa. OK! I am sort of, kind of speechless after watching that.

peewee said...

Oh, you're SO preaching to the choir here. THE CHOIR.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Aging Mommy - That's nothing to be ashamed of. Lots of people share that addiction. BBB? I was alone with my shame. Nobody else watched it.

KK - I know. Iron Mike in a unitard? Post-Whitney Bobby Brown rapping his own tune? I call that "must see TV"!

Bossy Betty - Stings they eyes, no?

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

PeeWee - So comforting to know that I am not alone.

Linda Medrano said...

I am so sick. I find Mike Tyson sexy. Shoot me now.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Linda - Linda, Linda, Linda. Really?

Cheryl said...

I couldn't watch the whole thing. Wayne, have you lost your freakin' mind? I'm totally verklempt.

blueviolet said...

Oh my gosh, that was outrageous! I had forgotten just how pathetic Bobby Brown was!

The Empress said...

Oh, oh, oh! How could I forget whaaaaaaaa a LOSER the man was.

Oh, my gaah....

Thank you for this.

I am every so grateful to be me at this moment. So dang grateful.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Cheryl - it's so bad it's goooood.

Blue Violet - Yup, he's a hot mess.

Empress - and the sheer entertainment vaule of his loserness? Priceless.

MiMi said...

I had all these awesome comments cued up for reality shows that I hate to love...then I looked at Dookie Bubble. O. M. G.....ick!

linlah said...

I'm so late to this party the video is gone.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

MiMi - Yup, it was chock full of stuff like that.

Linlah - Dang!

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

i too am horribly missing that show.

KISS MY ASS

at least they play that clip on the soup, so it will live on FOREVER

you need to do flipping out, and all those bravo ones. they are good. RHOFNYC my favs.

The Empress said...

Missed it. Taken off.

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: