Friday, October 29, 2010

It's a Very Hollow Weiner 'Round These Parts

Oh, hi there.  Have we met?  Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is "Diary the Bitter".  Wanna see my picture?  That's me, right there.

You might ask, why so bitter Diary? Well, I'll tell ya, it appears that my Halloween good times are over.  For a combination of reasons, lack of time, kids growing up, general exhaustion, we have not decorated our house for Halloween this year.  I have a few things up inside and last weekend, I half-heartedly threw some purple lights and skeletons over a couple of bushes in the front yard, but that's it.   It's a radical departure from last year, where we were clearly going for some kind of world record in outdoor decor.

We will still have our usual open house and plans are in motion for my traditional vat of chili, but the excitement is not there.  The only thing that I might be able to count on is that my sister in law will join me in downing a large number of cosmos. Hmmmm, maybe the weekend is looking up after all.

Happy Halloween everyone!

.

19 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

leigh said...

Pull that pumpkin out of your butt and get excited about the festivities ahead of you. I mean that in the most loving way possible.

Have a cosmo for me.

Bossy Betty said...

Those cosmos will help get you in the Halloween spirit OR make you very scary to those around you. Either way, it works!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Leigh - I do have a pumpkin wedged up my butt for some reason this year. I definitely take that comment in the spirit in which it was intended.

Betty - Cosmos makee everything better.

Noelle said...

Hmmm...all i'll say is that i hope your thanksgiving is better than your halloween. :)

Enjoy the cosmos!

Aging Mommy said...

I was thinking about this, as I get all excited about Halloween with my daughter (not sure who is more excited, her or me!) and how some day she will turn around and say she is too old for Halloween trick or treating and I shall be so very sad.

But then a night of sitting on the porch watching the younger kids come trick or treating with a vat of chilli and some Cosmos sounds like a really good night to me too :-)

linlah said...

How many cosmos before you put the rest of the outdoor decorations up?

Linda Medrano said...

Halloween is my husband's favorite holiday. He dresses in costume every year to hand out candy on the front porch. We have pumpkins and fake spiders everywhere. And candy! Oh God the candy! You'll have fun when it gets here!

Maven said...

You and me both. With TH away at school nothing's the same. I'm excited about Christmas, though, he called today and requested baking :-)

Kearsie said...

*snicker* weiner *snicker*

I suppose I'm 12 today.

Sandra said...

The drinking part would make me happy...except all my friends are lame and bailed on me! I'd write a post about it, except I've already told them off verbally so they probably won't come back to my blog to read about it. Cheers...sigh...

peewee said...

there must be something in the air because this is the first year EVER that not only have I done NOTHING, I haven't even purchased halloween candy! sad sad. I'm hoping my halloween mojo will return next year

The Empress said...

Maybe it'll just be quiet and fun, and then next year you'll be rarin to go.

It happens in life: ebbs and flows.

JUST DON"T BLOW CHRISTMAS!!

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded said...

I'm suffering from the same lethargy. My kids are too old!
Enjoy the cosmos, I'm hitting the chocolate!
Happy Halloween: )

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Thanks for all the good Halloween wishes y'all! I think it's going to be a fun day. Good point Empress. I will def stay on point for Christmas! Have a happy everyone!

Lin said...

Now that my kids are older, I'm sort of done with Halloween and decorations too. But I'm also kinda like that with Christmas now as well. I'm just too tired to put all that crap up to take it all down again. Sigh. I sound like I'm 800 years old--don't I???!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Lin - I know the feeling.

Susan Fobes said...

The only decorating I did was put a couple pumpkins out on the front porch-lame I know.

Amy said...

My Halloween intentions started off with a bang, but once the month was nearing it's end I ran out of steam. The only thing I can take credit on for being totally kickass this year is Jackson's costume. Man, this whole life thing is really getting in the way of all my fun;(

There's always next year, kid!

Lin said...

Tagged you for an award. Sorry/congratulations. :)

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: