Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, Fresh Start

See this picture?  This is the face of a very cold cat.  One who wants to get inside and into his warm spot behind the comfy chair in the living room, sooner than later.

But what else is this?  It is the same look that was on my face when my boss told me that we had to deliver a year's worth of a project in two and a half months.  The result? I have severely neglected my blog,  everyone got gift cards for Christmas because I had no time to shop and, when the project was finally over, I took a week and a half off work to scrub the prior ten weeks out of my head. 

Now that that cluster-F is over, it's time to get back to some serious  blogging.  Only problem is, my brain feels like a deflated balloon.  I have no ideas for postings and I don't seem to want to do much more than  sleep all day.  I need a shot in the arm, a  kick in the pants, a boost over the wall.   And you can help me.  Here's how:

Leave me a question in the comments.   The question can be about anything you want to know about (except s3x, I would only disappoint you)- chicken farming, the atomic weight of boron, why Spike is the hottest cat on the planet, anything.  And I will do my level best to answer.   My hope is that this will kick-start my brain into action and it will be all easy and downhill from there (delusional, no?).

Let's get 2011 off to an interesting start.   I look forward to your submissions. 

19 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

hokgardner said...

Favorite place you've visited and why.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Hokgardener - Happy New Years girl! That's a good question and it will be very easy and non-taxing on my pea brain to answer!

Rachel said...

I'm thinking of painting every room in my house shades of brown and green. I like the "nature" look. Would this be bad? Let's see how good you are at advice. ;)

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Rachel - That happens to be my sweet spot. I may even use pictures to answer you. Tune into the next post to see.

Lisa Page Rosenberg said...

What was your most memorable event from last year?
And your most memorable non-event?

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

LPR - I might actually be able to a nswer one of those two questions.

Kat said...

Does Spike come back each time you put him out?

Bossy Betty said...

I want to know more about that cat. The whole story, sister.

Hope your New Year is a wonderful one!

Kimberly said...

Darling, it has been too long.

How can I get followers back?

I went to Bloggy Boot Camp SF in Aug. I had a great time, but learned that I should change the name of my blog since there is a town in Italy with the same name. I found a name that only I have, but now I have lost my 400+ followers, and I now only have 8. How can I get followers again? HELP!!!

I did not think this would be such a big thing, but it is driving me mad!

http://terradelsoledoro.blogspot.com/2011/01/no-resolution-but-evolution.html

Linda Medrano said...

Honey, where did you come up for the name of your blog? I like it but don't understand it. I like progressive jazz too, but don't understand it. I love your cat and see that expression all the time when I look in the mirror. That scares me.

The Empress said...

I want more cool music videos.

That's really what I want from you.

xo

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Kat - I will let you know . . .

Bossy Betty - Can you really handle that much awesomeness? Prepare yourself.

Kimberly - I will answer your question, no problem.

Linda M - Happy to tell you...

Empress - A worthy challenge indeed. . .

Empress -

Insanitykim said...

Do you think I should start a blog that chronicles my response e-mails to all the spam I get, namely the ones that offer me $5,000,000,000.00 from an uncle/friend/dying person I never met? Do you think people would read that?

And do you say Long Island or LonGiland?

And are you afraid to trace your family tree, because you are sure you'll unearth heavy ties to the Sicilian mob? Because I'm not...

StephanieC @ Seriously?? Really? Seriously? said...

Is your cat fixed, or is he knocking up the neighbourhood beauties when he is not asking to be let in? ;-)

What is your favourite smell and what emotions does it invoke?

What is the crappiest thing a client/customer has ever said to you at work?

If you could retire anywhere in the world, with lots of money, where would you go and why?

How's that for random? :-D

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Kim - I ws.ill gladly answer those question

Stephanie C - You gave me plenty to work with there :)

Lin said...

Ooooh, we are kicking off the year with Spike the Hotness Monster??! YES!

I'm thinking I need some more tales from the kids. "Busy pooping" is my all-time favorite.

And Brownie. We need more Brownie and Spike photos and stories!

Glad you are back!

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded said...

It's been two years. Are you ready for another bathroom? ; )

SurferWife said...

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Also, would you rather sleep on the same bedsheets forever or use the same bath towel forever? (Without washing)

If you were the lead in a band, what would you call it?

Sara said...

Don't you wish there was a socially acceptable synonym for cluster fuck? It's one of my favorite descriptors and yet, supposedly it's not fit for polite company.

Or children.

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: