Saturday, February 19, 2011

Midnight Skies of Deepest Sapphire

Star of Bombay.  That is the name of my new favorite color of nail polish.  If you are not familiar with it, I'll describe it to you.  It is a rich, blue-black, so dark and velvety smooth, it evokes memories of the most magnificent winter's night sky that you have ever seen.  It envelops you in its black cloak and warms you with a sparkling undertone of deepest cobalt. . . until you spill it on the rug.

Then it becomes the most hatefully heinous shade of dog$hitty denim that you have ever seen.  Clearly a shade   that only tranny hookers and diseased, monkey-loving crack whores would ever deign to paint their infected hooves with.

I'm a clumsy dork

19 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded said...

Well, it sounds beautiful for the nails. But I'm guessing it doesn't match the couch? ; )

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded - It doesn't match the horrified look on my face. :(

knittergran said...

Oh dear. Makes for a funny post though!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Knittergran - Lemonade outta lemons, right?

The Empress said...

Oh my gosh...but you are the funniest women every born.

Live across the street, please.

You know what: It's all a matter of perspective. Stand up straight, walk like you have a Superman cape on, and rock that sheet.

I say while I tap tap away with an almost black "fedora" that the nail tech talked my old ass into.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Empress - Hugs and kisses. I am glad that you are also rockin the black polish. I am further thankful that you had the good sense to let the nail tech paint it on you and not try to clumsily paint your own toes in a fit of impatient impulsivity.

Susan Fobes said...

Just when you had me starting to think about a new shade... Unfortunately, since I can't paint anything-toes, fingers, walls-without making a mess, I think I will pass and wish you luck with your stain. Maybe a professional can get it out?

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Susan Fobes - It's under the dining room table, so eventually I will just replace the rug. It's not too glaringly obvious.

Lin said...

Uh oh. And I'm guessing it wasn't one of the kids that spilled it....

linlah said...

White wine will take that right out.

Nancy@ifevolutionworks said...

And this is precisely why I stick to shades of beige, nude and other assorted nondescript colors.

Macey said...

Well crap. Now I want to go get some new nail polish. Spillage on the rug be damned! :)

foxy said...

Funny how something can go from wonderful to awful... all in a matter of minutes.

Linda Medrano said...

Oh God! I hate it when that happens! Shit!

blueviolet said...

I was all excited at first, because I just had a pedi today with a deep navy blue polish. This is what I have to look forward to?

Amy said...

I love that you wrote about this, please forgive me for giggling at your expense.

Also? I own that shade;)

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Lin - Nope. All me.

Linlah - Ugh. I wish.

Nancy - Yeah, a neutral beige would never even be seen on that rug. Inky blue-black? Not so easily missed.

Macey - Go for it. Nothing says that you will be clumsy like me. I shoulda known better.

Foxy - Yeah, it was a pretty instantaneous buzzkill.

Linda - I definitely made a bad decision on this one.

Blue Violet - You are safe as long as you don't try to touch up at home. ;)

Amy - No problem. I definitely invited you to laugh at my stupidity.

It really is a nice nail polish. It just looks like crap on my dining room rug. SO not the color scheme.

400 Wakeups said...

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I have yet to find anything that gets finger nail polish out of carpet. Although I haven't actually painted my nails over carpet lately because I did that once when I was about 12 and dropped Red Light District red on the green shag carpet. Let's just say I could have probably made a well-deserved call to child services that day. So glad it was you and not an offspring of yours...especially since all of the kids are wearing that shade these days. But at least you're trendy.

LiBBy said...

Biting your nails is way cheaper and less hazardous than painting them. Thats why I do it.

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: