Monday, May 2, 2011

Genetics

I have a very good friend who often tells me that I am the laughter in her life.  This could be becuase I randomly mailed her a monkey in a turban or because I teased her hair and did her makeup like a drag queen and took a series of pictures of her smoking and drinking that we like to call the "Bar Fly Photo Shoot".  Whatever the reason, it feels good to know that I can make her feel good and she does the same for me.  But for all the joy they bring me, I only get to see my friends about once a month.   I don't know about you, but monthly laughs are not enough for me.

Fortunately for me, my family are also a source of laughs, but the one who cracks me up most consistently is my son. If there was ever a doubt in my mind about whether sense of humor is genetic,  it was gone once he was old enough to display a personality.  He knows what makes me laugh because it's what makes him laugh.  More often than not, my husband will sit at the dinner table with a bewildered look, while my son and I trade nonsense talk, zings and references to whatever You Tube freak show he has made me watch.

So here's a little sample of one of the oddball things that we find funny.  I will give you no background on this beyond this video.  I'd like to hear someone else's take on it . . .


11 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

blueviolet said...

Nerds are scary.

The Empress said...

I like him.

Perfectly campy.

And it's got a fun beat.

I give it a 58, Dick.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Blue Violet - Scary/funny.

Empress - You totally get it.

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded said...

He's Awesome! I'm gonna look for a poster to put up in my room.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded - I know, right?

Amy said...

DAMN THE MAN????? THAT WAS THE MESSAGE OF THAT CRAPTASTIC TUNE???!!! I totally thought he was saying get ahead of the B-A-N-D...I guess it was get ahead of the man?!

His bouncing around like a rabid kangaroo (not to mention the CRAZY EYES) distracted me from the lyrics and message I suppose. Oh, and not to mention that everyone behind him clapped at different intervals and no one could find the beat. Are they retarded?! Was this shot in an institution?!

And lastly, I am certain that the grown man jossling the toddler in the back is a sex offender.

Watching this makes me long to come to your house for dinner! You people are hilarious!

MiMi said...

Um. Is that real?? Like, they weren't playing around, right?? lol

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Amy - There are actually other (aka the real) lyrics to this song that are, um, sort of "blue". I LOVE that you asked all the same questions that I did when I first watched this.

MiMi - Only tireless internet research can answer that question. . .

Linda Medrano said...

I absolutely adore this video. It's totally goofy and that guy is amazing, funny, scary, weird, diabolical, hysterical, you get the idea. He's my new hero! I love the weird-ass voices too! Who wouldn't love this???

Lin said...

The hell??!

Okay, so Bobby Conn was actually rockin' it with lousy lyrics and theme, but the tune was snappy.

I was mesmerized by the weirdos in the background. The chick with the blue dress that had absolutely no timing and some dirty hand gestures. The dude who is almost dropping the baby. The chick in the red dress. Side-burns guy. Criminy that is some crowd. I think it looks like some weird church group production straight out of the church basement.

Loved it!!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Linda - I adore that you adore it. It's just so deliciously weird.

Lin - Yes! A weird church group production is the perfect way to describe that. He's a Chicago boy, maybe you could catch a show. . .

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: