Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Offering the Druids Some of the Best Bad Acting Ever Burned to Celluloid

Once again, my son has dropped the You Tube knowledge on me.  His latest obsession is a low budget movie written by, starring and directed by a bizarre French man named Tommy Wiseau.  The movie is becoming an Internet sensation and has spawned a cult following and ritualistic viewing process akin to the old days of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  People gather in theaters to scream the lines and throw things at the screen at key moments in the film.

You tube is full of clips and compilations that highlight the many lowlights of this film.  The best thing that this movie offers is some of the most unapologetically bad acting that I have ever seen, along with an obscene over use of the word "hi" and random football tossing that has no reconciliation to the plot whatsoever.  

So as my offering to Stonehenge (and you) on this day of the summer solstice, I offer you two clips from Tommy Wiseau's opus "The Room".  I dare you not to be quoting "Oh, hi Mark." in a generic European accent before the day is over.  Happy Summer!

OH HI COMPILATION:



FOOTBALL COMPILATION:


9 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

blueviolet said...

Those are impossibly ridiculous! The drama, oh the drama. Who knew playing a simple game of toss the football could be so drama-packed?

Bossy Betty said...

Oh Hey, Lisa. Oh, Hi Mark.

You're right!

How about that ending though?

Linda Medrano said...

I'm holding a wooden cross in front of the computer screen. This is purely evil.

Lin said...

The gun was the best part.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Blue Violet - What? You mean to tell me that your life isn't exactly like that? I know mine is.

Bossy Betty - What else can a heartbroken, generically accented European do?

Linda - A wooden cross is no match for the powers of Tommy Wiseau.

Lin - Pretty much.

An Imperfect Momma said...

How could you not love that?! Gotta say I was riveted by the football throwing

400 Wakeups said...

I am going to have to watch this when I am not sitting outside, in perfect ear shot of the new (seemingly normal) neighbor moving in behind me. The last thing I need is for a neighbor to think I'm one bottle of Chardonnay short of a picnic. But I promise to pop back over in the privacy of my own home.

Also...thank you for keeping us apprised of what those crazy kids are up to these days. I hate to be uncool.

400 Wakeups said...

Make that "another" neighbor...

Bathroom Towel Warmer said...

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: