Sunday, July 24, 2011

I do Awkward Bathroom Dances

Not to put too fine a point on it, but lately, work has been biting hairy monkey wiener. I have a new boss (my third one inside of a year) and while I absolutely LOVE going through the process of proving myself to a third person, I think I am on the verge of mental collapse.

When I got into work on Thursday, my bosses office was dark.  A few minutes later I found out that he would be working from home.  I immediately ran to the bathroom, went into the first stall and proceeded to do a happy dance.  I think that once you start dancing in the bathroom, it s a clear sign that your best days in a job are behind you.

As miserable as I may be in my work life, I am lucky to have some great friends and a delightfully strange family.  After spending a blissful afternoon at a beach party yesterday, I woke up to find the following note next to the phone. 


I don't know if it is an accusation or a shopping list, but it tickles me to the core.  Mature? No, but a fitting note for someone who bathroom dances and proof that work may be crap but crap can be funny.  It's all a matter of perspective.

14 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

blueviolet said...

I admit it. I would have cracked up when I saw that too.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Blue Violet - I feel relieved to hear that.

linlah said...

You need to fold that up and keep it in your wallet so you can look at it when you're unable to do the bathroom happy dance.

400 Wakeups said...

This has absolutely nothing to do with your post except it just reminded me of when my grandfather would call me "turd" and my mother (who was his daughter) would get so mad and say "don't call her that!" In an odd twist of events, I've taken to calling my mother that. And there isn't anyone to defend her.

Also, I'm taking your note as a confession.

The Empress said...

Being so busy sucks, doesn't it?

Thank goodness for laughter.

Bossy Betty said...

I have done that bathroom happy dance many times!

Lin said...

Oh, pally, I get it. We've got a couple of new people at work that are so freaking WEIRD!! I do a silent dance in my head when they aren't there. Is that mean??

Linda Medrano said...

Oh darling, take it to work and put it next to your boss's phone. It's not your handwriting and nobody can prove it was you! Do it!!!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Linlah - Genius!

400 Wakeups - It might be.

Empress - Thank goodness for turds!

Bossy Betty - Good. I don't feel so alone.

Lin - Not mean in my book.

Linda - I love that idea. You are brilliant.

Shelly - Tropical Mum said...

Glad you can still see the funny side of things. :-) Hope you get to do your happy dance for some really great reasons, and maybe even move venues.

Sarah Lindahl said...

LOVE the note and the fact that you don't know if it's an accusation or a shopping list. I will assume it was your wonderful daughter.

Bathroom Renovations said...

Are you dancing while in the bathroom? Mine is singing while in the bathroom.

Travertine Tiles said...

I really enjoyed reading through this write-up:) I most certainly will be coming back to read some more intriguing story:D Thank you:D

Kitchen Benchtops said...

I am very happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the random misinformation that's at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this best doc.

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: