Monday, October 31, 2011

Legend of the Invisible Blogger

For those of you that may have stopped by over the past month or so, you might have noticed that I'm not here.   You also may have noticed that I have not been around to your blogs either.   I just want you to know that there is no cause for alarm, I am indeed still breathing air and complaining bitterly about the PTA. . .I'm just not doing it on my blog.  

There are a host of reasons for my recent absence and many of them are quite positive.  For one thing, I took another trip to Italy.   For those of you that were reading here last year, you know that I took my first trip in August of '10 and like a jonesin junkie, I had to get back for another fix.   Another thing that has been taking up my time and brain cells was the planning of a pretty big Halloween Party.  Not just any Halloween Party, but an 80's Prom themed Halloween Party.  Needless to say, that was a hell of a good time and if I were not an anonymous blogger, I'd post pictures of myself dressed as Boy George, dancing my face off. Sorry. No can do.  I have a PTA to dis and my mug (although coated with a Tammy Faye Bakeresque coating of war paint) must remain hidden.

There is plenty more at hand, but that's all I'm sharing for now, so I'm checking in and checking out. Not for good, mind you, but for a little while.  I will miss you while I hiatus, but like that other 80's robot, the Terminator, I'll be back (and that's a promise, not a threat). 

14 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

hokgardner said...

Thanks for the update. How about a few pictures with the faces blurred to protect identities?

blueviolet said...

Glad to see you check in, and it sounds like you've been busy with FUN!

Lin said...

Criminy. Will ya just stay for a bit longer???

And I'm thinking that you should really just email us all a photo of you in your Boy George gear. We won't share it with the PTA. I promise.

The Empress said...

Oh, you're killing me with the PTA stuff.

YOu know I LIVE for the snarky snark.

And you're my kind of people.

I miss you.

My Inner Chick said...

--Dump the PTA. They are all Bitches. Ha ha

Linda Medrano said...

I've missed you but I keep coming by to see if you're back! Italy, huh? Tough duty, I know! Awwww! I'm so jealous!

Roshni said...

Hi!! Visiting after a long time!! Your post sounds awesome...perfect fodder for your blog!! Hope to see a new post soon! :)

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded said...

You have been having way more fun than me! I tried to take a break and realized the most exciting thing I do is blog ; )Come back soon!

400 Wakeups said...

Well y'know it's been a little bit o madness over at 400 too. Neal comes home this week and I've been running around like a lunatic trying to do everything I haven't done all year...like clean toilets and whatnot. But, ridiculously, I decided to do NoBloPoMo this month...so I'm posting everyday. I totally understand your absence as I pretty much took off the entire months of September and October. I miss your Boy George face and looking forward to your return but I TOTALLY get it. Rock on, sister!

Amy said...

Yay for Italy!

Kimberly said...

I will keep checking back. I hope you have a fab. time in Italy!

Angelika said...

Well, be back NOW!

Ok, I'll give you until 1/13/12 because I'm generous like that. :-)

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Angelika - Thank you for your kind offer of 1/13. I just posted today, so I feel like I have
met your requirements with a comfortable cushion.

Ann Imig said...

People who take blog breaks are among the healthiest around, I'm sure. Actually, people without blogs at all are probably the healthiest. Good for you! And OY for me.

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: