Friday, May 10, 2013

Cattoman

I bought an ottoman .  Not just an average ottoman, but a kicky lime green ottoman with a floral pattern.  It sits right in the front entrance hall.  As the first thing I see when I walk I the door, it is there to make me happy with its jaunty punch of color.  It replaces an old white wood, white fabric bench that was both dated and dingy thanks to  a constant film of cat hair.  I would vacuum the bench weekly, only to have the gray haze of cat hair  return in a couple of days.  I got tired of looking at it and even more tired of cleaning it, so I got a new one. I got it for me, to make me happy when I walk in the door.  However, not all family members agree who this is for. . .


Are you getting the vibe of ownership and entitlement from him?  It seems to say "F you and your silly little tufted bench. This bitch is mine and you are powerless to do anything about it."


 He forgets that he's old and that I am much bigger than him.  And I forget what a soft spot I have in my heart for his hairy and very crotchety old self.   He wins.  As usual.

8 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

Lin said...

I don't see the photos. Is it me?

Rats. Is it Spike the Hotness Monster??? Crap. I can't see the photo!!


Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Lin - Fudge! I did the post on the Iphone and I guess the photo upload didn't work. I have corrected the situation. There he is in all his glory.

Lin said...

Ah, yes. There he is. :) He makes that ottoman look good, DG. You are lucky to have him.

Anonymous said...

Let your demand choose the high quality of your respective house gymnasium.


Here is my webpage ... http://www.getfitnstrong.com/bowflex-dumbbells/reviewing-bowflex-selectt...

Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Hah! You rock anonymous. How do you make fine thoughts of searobins? Here's my site: onlyassholesclickethislink

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded said...

Of course he does : ) I've resigned myself to the fact they I will never ever be able to get a new couch.
Anonymous finally got on my last nerve a few weeks ago. Of course he's too chicken to use the profile picture of his fat butt hiding in his mothers basement.

Lin said...

Only you, DG, can make spam hilarious.

The Empress said...

I hear ya, LIN! She makes me not want to delete my spam EXCEPT I get ten a post: TEN SPAM a post. So, but maybe, I"ll just keep one up becuase this kills me. In light of SOPA, I'll totally credit Mad here.

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: