Sunday, May 5, 2013

Like a bad penny. . .

Hello there!  Some of you may remember me.  I used to go by the handle "Diary of a Mad Bathroom".

A little over a year ago, I was sailing through some rather choppy waters, personally and professionally.  I did not have the focus, time or sense of humor left to keep my blog going, so I folded up my tent and I retreated.

The funny thing was, I did not retreat for long.  The siren call of blogging was singing my name from a distant shore.  Unfortunately at that time, I had so much bitterness and stress, that I thought I needed to change my message and provide an outlet for others that were going through similar experiences.  This bitterness gave birth to my first ill-conceived attempt at blog re-entry:

The Only Water Cooler in Hell

Maybe it wasn't entirely ill conceived.  There are certainly plenty of people that have had miserable work experiences, who need a place to rant about it. I think I just burnt out fast because I was working from a place of negativity. Oh, and I was supposedly running it anonymously. Surprise! It's me (like you didn't know).

That didn't last very long.

Then I decided that I would start a food related blog.

The Pedestrian Palate

Over the years I had posted plenty of pictures and stories about my cooking and baking exploits on Diary of a Mad Bathroom.   So why not a food blog?  But again, the single threaded topic burnt me out quickly because there is so much more that I have to say than "hey I just baked some yummy brownies". Blech. Boring.

So here I am, back like a bad penny, hoping to tap back into all that I loved about blogging.  I can't wait to see what the blogging community has to offer, who's still around and who suffered from a similar identity crisis to mine.  Just this one post and I already feel better.   I hope the PTA didn't exhale, because I am back in the saddle and ready to start targeting their most heinous, bitchy and judgmental members. Warning - A Vera Bradley Bag and a luxury SUV is the same as a target to me.  Duck bitches!


12 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

hokgardner said...

SO glad you're back!

Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Thanks girl! I am happy to be back. I missed this so much more than I ever thought I would!

Lin said...

HOORAY!! Oh my GOSH--How is Brownie? I have missed you and your stories sooooo much!

Did you notice who was leaving all the comments on Water Cooler?? Yep....ME. Why? Because I love you and now I'm super excited to have you back!!!

Great...now that my youngest is starting college, I'm officially out of the PTA lane....but I can live vicariously through you. I might even give you some good lines to lay on those controlling b*tches. :)

Let's have some FUN, pally! Glad you are back.

Shelly - Tropical Mum said...

I just happened to glance at my reader and there you were resurrecting your blog! So glad to see you're back, and so glad I didn't do lose your feed when I changed over from Google Reader.

Looking forward to reading more.

Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Lin and Shelly - thank you so much for the awesome welcome back!

Brownie is still a wonder dog and spike is getting long in the tooth and weirder by the day. I can't wait to really dig in and get back to the business of blogging. Happy to see you ladies!

The Empress said...

oh man you make me miss the good old days.

xo

It's so good to see you. SO GOOD.

Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Thank you Empress. I miss the old days too.

I am happy to be back and even happier to see you.

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded said...

Oh Thank God! I hoped that's what I was seeing. I just burnt some nasty cookies and I don't care. I'd rather have a good rant about the PTA : )

Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Aww girl, you burnt your cookies for me...I'm honored. XOXO

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. My prayers have been answered! I had resigned myself to re-reading your archives for the third time to occupy me for the balance of '13!

So great to have you back.

Barry Walberg

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. My prayers have been answered! I had resigned myself to re-reading your archives for the third time to occupy me for the balance of '13!

So great to have you back.

Barry Walberg

Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Hey Barry, yup I'm back at it. We'll see how it goes.

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: