Friday, August 8, 2014

Latest Spam - Telling His Secrets in an ATM Spam

Ever since I started my blog, I have been amazed at two things:

1) How little spam I get.
2) How poorly written and obviously fake the spam that I do get really is.

Allow me to share the latest gem to hit my inbox.  Let's make a couple of assumptions before we read on:

1) This is meant to look like a communication from a bank or other financial institution.
2) It is meant to be crafted with language that will entice me to respond with information.
3) The sender genuinely expects a response.


Urgent Attention,

your atm card has finalize all the necessary arrangement and
your fund $2.5usd is inside atm card this moment your atm
card is in atm card office waiting for your Address were to deliver
it.reconfirm

Your name___
Your country__
Your address___
You’re Age/sex__
Your occupation
Email:atmcardoffice184@yahoo.com)

Best Regards.
Mr.Mgbako Chubby

Now, I am sure that while there are many bankers that sit at their desk in a state of arousal, few that I know use that information as the closing to a written communication.  Well done you, Mr Mgbako and your chubby!  If that alone weren't enough to get me to reply, your promise of  $2.5 USD has me chomping at the bit.  I had been looking for sufficient funds to get a can of soda and a pack of gum.  Sadly, my couch cushions came up empty. You sir, have made my dreams a reality!

4 Your comments, banter and witty repartee:

Lin said...

Tell me you didn't pass this up! It's $2.50!!! Damn!

Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Lin - Girl, you know I took him up on his generous offer.

Alexandra Rosas said...

The thing is this, I will never figure out HOW they get in. I have my blog locked down. I mean, no to anonymous comments and no to anyone without a google account. ALSO I make people get those blurry numbers on doors code before commenting. THIS is what spammers have done to me. I do all of this to get rid of spammers! I was getting 10 comments per post over night. AND STILL they get in!!

Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Empress - They are as crafty as their grammar is incorrect.

Post a Comment

Questions?
Comments?
Sarcastic Remarks?
Write 'em here: